aiaiai tma-1 studio MIA?
Jun 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #77 of 99
Ugh I keep talking myself down from going over to Best Buy and buying these. I know they have them available, but I really can't justify a $250 headphone purchase when I'm about to move and probably spend a decent amount on new furniture and stuff.

Jun 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #78 of 99
Quote:
Ugh I keep talking myself down from going over to Best Buy and buying these. I know they have them available, but I really can't justify a $250 headphone purchase when I'm about to move and probably spend a decent amount on new furniture and stuff.

Craigslist is your friend, the headphones are calling to you...

Your wallet says: "Go on without me~...."

Jun 17, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #88 of 99
Quote:
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't say that they're bad, they're just really not what I was hoping for.

I listened to TMA-1 today at Best Buy- I thought they were so dark they sounded veiled, very disappointed.  If you are looking for great on-ears, definitely audition V-Moda M-80s.  I listened to them at Radio Shack and love their sound signature, range and clarity.  The only reason I didn't buy them is that I am holding out for the circumaural M-100.

Jun 17, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #89 of 99
Quote:
I listened to TMA-1 today at Best Buy- I thought they were so dark they sounded veiled, very disappointed.  If you are looking for great on-ears, definitely audition V-Moda M-80s.  I listened to them at Radio Shack and love their sound signature, range and clarity.  The only reason I didn't buy them is that I am holding out for the circumaural M-100.

so far I have been able too reduce it with putting more dampaning material in the ear cup, once I perfect it I will start a thread and possibly if people send the thread too aiaia then we can get some much better dampaning in the newer productions of it. then it would be worth buying.

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #90 of 99
To bad these phones were a slight disappointment in the end. I've been looking for a pair of full size headphones and the studios tickled my fancy but reading about the sound on HF there definitely seem to be better headphones out there. However my search for info on the studios led me to the tma-1 which I think I'm gonna order soon. I think their more bassy sound signature will provide a nice contrast to my sennheiser IE 80's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back