aiaiai tma-1 studio MIA?
Jun 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #46 of 99
Quote:
Once again - if anyone is able to, I will pay you $10 to help me get a pair.

I am going too be driving by a best buy I did not check before, if they have a pair I will let you know.
smile.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #47 of 99
Quote:
Damn, nice review! How bad is the ear contact when using the foam pads? Is it okay enough to ignore? and which is better for comfort and isolation?
That would be amazing! Thanks so much.

Could anyone order these from best buy for me to have them shipped to Sumas WA? I'll pay as soon as I get confirmation etc - and I can give you $10 for the trouble!

PS: Being in Canada sucks.

I found a place in canada that sells aiaiai headphones, why dont you call them too see when they will get the studios.

http://www.headphonebar.com/categories/Headphones/

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #48 of 99
Quote:
I found a place in canada that sells aiaiai headphones, why dont you call them too see when they will get the studios.

http://www.headphonebar.com/categories/Headphones/

I know them, but I'm sure they won't have it already - I highly doubt it at least. I'll give them a call though, thanks for mentioning them.

If not, it'd be great if you could help me out 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #49 of 99
BRSxIgnition,  I don't have a Best Buy solution for you, but if you're interested, I decided not to keep mine  and just posted them on Ebay. 
Yes, I know I priced them higher than the retail cost, but I'm hoping some early adopter will pay a little extra to get them early. 
The reason I'm selling them is even though I do like them and they are fun to listen to,  I need to have a more balanced EQ across the boards, I feel the bass is a little hyped and the treble is a little cut. Like someone else had mentioned, they do still seem like DJ headphones. If I was DJ'ing,  I'd keep em, but for my studio production, I don't know if it'll translate into an even mix.  I could be wrong,  but I'll keep looking in the meantime. Plus I kind of need the money right now, some bills just slammed me. 
Nice chatting with you guys though and I'll keep checking back to see if I've been proven wrong!
p.s. my ebay username is bestwebproducts

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #50 of 99
Quote:
BRSxIgnition,  I don't have a Best Buy solution for you, but if you're interested, I decided not to keep mine  and just posted them on Ebay. 
Yes, I know I priced them higher than the retail cost, but I'm hoping some early adopter will pay a little extra to get them early. 
The reason I'm selling them is even though I do like them and they are fun to listen to,  I need to have a more balanced EQ across the boards, I feel the bass is a little hyped and the treble is a little cut. Like someone else had mentioned, they do still seem like DJ headphones. If I was DJ'ing,  I'd keep em, but for my studio production, I don't know if it'll translate into an even mix.  I could be wrong,  but I'll keep looking in the meantime. Plus I kind of need the money right now, some bills just slammed me. 
Nice chatting with you guys though and I'll keep checking back to see if I've been proven wrong!
p.s. my ebay username is bestwebproducts

I don't think anyone is going to pay that much extra + shipping for an early set, a week before it comes out. I was thinking a difference of $10, not $20 +, even if they're new time-wise, they're still open box, and still used.

Good luck though.

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #53 of 99
Quote:
Well here it is for those of you interested, my review is up.

Hey, thanks for the review. It seems like they've gone and retuned the sound on the original TMA-1. I was a huge fan of the dark sound signature of the original, and the Studio version looks to be a can more suited for general music listening. I absolutely love the bass on the TMA-1 and was considering getting one, but held back and waited for the Studio model instead. Now, it seems I might just go for the original.

How's the bass impact, extension and quality of the bass on the TMA-1 vs the Studio model? Thanks in advance.

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #54 of 99
I want too update everyone on the tma1 vs m50 review I am doing, I have all the pictures taken but I am waiting till the sound on the tma1s settle, when I first tried them it sounded like a muddy dark mess, but now they still sound a little dark but not nearly as much and they don't really sound muddy at all. Also these have some of the best bass impact I have ever herd, and I have not gotten too try the pleather pads yet but the pu foam they are a very fun listen, but with the pu foam pads they sound too colored too be used in the studio but the pleather pads may change that.

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #55 of 99
Quote:
I want too update everyone on the tma1 vs m50 review I am doing, I have all the pictures taken but I am waiting till the sound on the tma1s settle, when I first tried them it sounded like a muddy dark mess, but now they still sound a little dark but not nearly as much and they don't really sound muddy at all. Also these have some of the best bass impact I have ever herd, and I have not gotten too try the pleather pads yet but the pu foam they are a very fun listen, but with the pu foam pads they sound too colored too be used in the studio but the pleather pads may change that.

Do you have the original TMA-1?

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #57 of 99
wow, these things cant decide what too sound like, now they sound notably less dark then before. Now its more of a hint of them having a darker sound instead of everything having a dark hint too it.(that is probably not explaining it well)

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #58 of 99
Quote:
wow, these things cant decide what too sound like, now they sound notably less dark then before. Now its more of a hint of them having a darker sound instead of everything having a dark hint too it.(that is probably not explaining it well)

Yeah, now I'm confused..

.. Do you mean that the bass is dark (which is good) but everything else is fine? What do you mean?

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #59 of 99
Quote:
Yeah, now I'm confused..

.. Do you mean that the bass is dark (which is good) but everything else is fine? What do you mean?

well when I  first tool them out of the box everything had a dark sound too it, the bass was big and muddy, and the mids and highs all had a dark sound too them( like beats studios), but that sound is transforming into a more much less dark sound, now there is 98.9% no darkness in the mids and highs and the bass is now much more controlled and now instead of just being muddy its fast, punchie and dose not get overwhelmed easily at all(it has not gotten overwhelmed so far today). and that's not just my opinion, after my shift ended yesterday I went too my friends apartment because he wanted too try them out, and we both agreed that out of the box it sounded like a muddy mess. But today I ran back too nyc too make sure I my hearing was still ok and he agreed that they sounded much better than they did yesterday. heck they sound less dark right now they they did this morning and I cant tell if I am going crazie or if this is the most dramatic burn in in history. I would like another owner of tma1 studios too chime in on this if there is another one out there.

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #60 of 99
on wednesday I am going have these playing all day too burn them in more, and I will only use my hd 598s all day then come back too the tma1s too make sure I am not going too crazie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back