AIAIAI TMA-1 or Beats Pro?
Oct 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

brianlg

Head-Fier
Ok fellas.. I know monster, and beats get hate on here (and everywhere) but I've had the Pro'd preordered since May, and still havent got them. I need headphones. Should I get my money back and order the TMA-1s? How do you think they'd compare? I listen to mainly hip hop, electronic, and acoustic rock. Also, do the aiaiai's need an amp, or are they good to go? 

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 8
I think the AIAIAI's would be better, they are getting lots of hype lately. As far as a amp they should be good without, but they would benefit with one just like any headphone.

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 8
You should also take a look at this thread and read Kernmacs recent review fo the headphones:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/506129/aiaiai-tma-1/165

The TMA-1s are cheaper and according to many of the early reviews are a very good set of headphones.
You should maybe also look into the Sennhieser HD25-1 ii, they seem to be another close competitor in your price range, yet it is much more widely available so you may actually be able to audition them at a store before purchasing them.

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 8
I'll say this much. The TMA's are currently my favorite headphone by far. They are almost perfect for my taste right now, if only they were fullsize.

I can't even compare them to the beats. (I've only heard the studios though. Not the pro. But the studios were, in my opinion, not good at all. They aren't horrible but they aren't good. They're not worth their price by far.)

Take a look at the beats threads here and you can read about them, they're not that popular at all.

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 8
AIAIAI TMA-1's rule!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #8 of 8
Definitely get your money back. Are you looking for portable headphones? If not, take a look at Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80, Ultrasone HFI 580, and Denon D2000. All of which can be found cheaper than the Pros and would definitely sound better. However, they are not so portable imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back