AH-D2000 vs Q701 [Headphone Exchange Game @Uni]
Jul 28, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #16 of 20
oh and, d2k is definitely more laid back compared to the ultrasones.

Update: 701s been returned. The winner of classical music, esp orchestral stuff. With the large soundatage and so airy, the whole orchestra had been projected into your presence. more like you are trenscended to their concert hall. very nice experience

do i miss them? of course i do! would it be on my wish list? Maybe not.I do not listen to classicals that much. For pop, rock etc, i find myself enjoying the denons more for its bass and intimacy. 701's presentation is too cold/lifeless in comparison. The Denons are very laid back compared to my own collection (see my list). Although veey different to how i used to listen to my music, it is so relaxing

when i want to air-guitar/swing my head off, you tune up the volume and off goes your head haha. its more suited for my music preference

So i returned the q701 and recieved a pair of BOSE OE. hmm 'interesting'. Review later on haha

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #17 of 20

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #18 of 20
Well one of the reasons I think the 580 is great for portable use is because I could get them to full volume through even my phone which is awesome. The detail, the impact, even through my phone was all there. With the Denon it feels like it can get to 75% volume through my phone, and it sounds too dark, so it definitely needs an amp even though its 25 ohm. 

Also something changed my 580 is opening up. The bass is getting a little lower than yesterday. Almost as deep as the Denon, but not quite 20,000 leagues. Maybe 17,000. I havent gotten the 580 to tickle my inner ear like the Denon yet. The 580 is more exciting though ill give it that.

Jul 29, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #19 of 20
Bose OE was erm, how much are they again?

I tried to really analyse its sonic signature, but its just not there... I compared it to my ms1 and yeah. While AB'n it seems that they are kinda on par at different aspects, when I put everything together I just enjoy more with the ms1's, by far. To me the BOSE couldn't really seperate instruments apart nicely, and soundstage is congested (compared to a grado?!) Ms1 is very airy too

However it did get me a bit upset when comparing the ms1's with the Denon's. It simply is better, and I learnt what resolution is I guess...

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #20 of 20
Maybe you haven't read up on the K701. glad you're enjoying the Q701s, but a lot of people were unhappy with the headband and the bumps, since they were uncomfortable. If you want the beef, just look it up yourself. It doesn't take long.

Quote:
My D7000s are comfy.  My Q701s are comfy after I stretched the headband a little bit.  I don't notice the bumps on the inside of the headband on my bald head.  Where's the beef?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back