AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jan 10, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #4,681 of 5,483
Today I went to another shop and bought a pair of Aeons, and I was happily listening to them using my DAP. However while taking the bus back home, the balance of the sound shifted to the right. By the time I got home, I switched the cable connection around and the right earpiece remained the slightly louder one. I therefore brought the headphones back to the shop where two guys tried them out and both confirmed that the left / right balance was off. So the headphones are now back at the shop and they said they'll call me back tomorrow... talk about roller coaster of emotions...:disappointed:

Jan 10, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #4,682 of 5,483
Today I went to another shop and bought a pair of Aeons, and I was happily listening to them using my DAP. However while taking the bus back home, the balance of the sound shifted to the right. By the time I got home, I switched the cable connection around and the right earpiece remained the slightly louder one. I therefore brought the headphones back to the shop where two guys tried them out and both confirmed that the left / right balance was off. So the headphones are now back at the shop and they said they'll call me back tomorrow... talk about roller coaster of emotions...:disappointed:
Damn, I'm sorry to hear you fell victim to this issue as well :frowning2: I hope you get a new pair soon.

Jan 10, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #4,683 of 5,483
I would return the pair that is not working properly out of the box and request a brand new set.

Jan 10, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #4,684 of 5,483
We typically replace any defect within 30 days with a new headphone. Contact support.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 10, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #4,685 of 5,483
@mrspeakers would these work well with an emotiva a-100? I have some speakers I'm running as well and having the duel use would save some space.

Jan 11, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #4,686 of 5,483
We typically replace any defect within 30 days with a new headphone. Contact support.
I have gotten in touch with the shop again today and was informed that they would be getting a few more Aeons from the local distributor this coming Monday. They have promised to give me a call once the headphones arrive and will be giving me a replacement for the one I bought.

Jan 11, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #4,687 of 5,483
By the way, does anyone have any suggestions for a USB audio interface used for recording that will have enough power for the Aeons because the one I have right now (Roland Quad Capture) is apparently not powerful enough.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #4,688 of 5,483
@mrspeakers would these work well with an emotiva a-100? I have some speakers I'm running as well and having the duel use would save some space.

We have some of these at the office and people enjoy them. If you want a speaker/headphone amp it's hard to beat for the price.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 12, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #4,689 of 5,483
Which filter is best with these headphones? Is it the white filters with the 2 notches?

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #4,692 of 5,483
Yep. Everybody's different. But, I also use the one notch white filters. lol

Jan 13, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #4,693 of 5,483
My pick is one notch White unless I have over compressed or bright 70s and 80s content then a touch more is needed and I use two notch or add foam.

Jan 13, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #4,694 of 5,483
Do the filters ship with new Aeons? I don’t think they existed when I purchased my AFC.

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #4,695 of 5,483
Do the filters ship with new Aeons? I don’t think they existed when I purchased my AFC.
I think they were shipped with the headphones from the very beginning. The filters are in the plastic sleeve with the certificate of authenticity.

(edited for clarity)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back