AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 8, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #1,218 of 5,483
For those that have heard both the Aeon and Mad Dog 3.2 is there a major step up with the Aeon? The reason I ask is I have no frame of reference for the MrSpeakers sound besides the Mad Dog and just curious what kind of upgrade or differences I should expect. I know it will be better but not sure if it's night and day if you factor in law of diminishing returns. Yes, subjectivity plays into it but some things are obvious and plain enough.

May 8, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #1,219 of 5,483
Why won't this new forum subscribe me? Even though boxes are checked?

May 8, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #1,220 of 5,483
For those that have heard both the Aeon and Mad Dog 3.2 is there a major step up with the Aeon? The reason I ask is I have no frame of reference for the MrSpeakers sound besides the Mad Dog and just curious what kind of upgrade or differences I should expect. I know it will be better but not sure if it's night and day if you factor in law of diminishing returns. Yes, subjectivity plays into it but some things are obvious and plain enough.

I haven't heard the Mad Dog in probably 2 years, but from memory, they're very different sounding cans. The most obvious thing is that the Mad Dog I heard was extremely dark and this is very well balanced.

May 9, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #1,222 of 5,483
May 9, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #1,226 of 5,483
Specifying a different number shouldn't affect the way they sound.... If what I read a few pages back
Can anyone compare AEONs to Denons D7200? I think D7200 are great, very balanced cans with a touch of warmth and great soundstage.

Might be a bit tricky getting an answer.... Aeon's not even shipping yet.

May 9, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #1,227 of 5,483
I've heard the Aeons at CanJam extensively. These things are the real deal, I'd say the Aeons are possibly one of the most realistic sounding closed back headphones I've ever heard.

...opening my wallet...

May 9, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #1,230 of 5,483
So I assume things are on track for May 15th or so ship date for pre-orders?

(I don't want to jinx it like that other guy did before the delay was announced...:smirk:)

Since it is a weekend, I suppose it will be Ot to prep for Monday the 15th on shipment. Who knows, maybe the cases will be in Friday the 12th.

Jinxed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back