AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 7, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #1,202 of 5,483
Here's the kicker, Matt...In your humble opinion, would you consider these a potential "replacement/stand-in" for the Ether C flows or, as I am hoping, a compliment to them to give you great Mr Speakers sound across a wider range of music and/or audio components..?

A potential trap when answering, I know...:smiling_imp:

Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

They're very close to the Ether C Flow in most respects. A direct A/B will show that the Ether C Flow is indeed better, but when not listening back to back, you may find yourself wondering why you need the Ether if you have the Aeon. It's a great quality to have since I never feel like I'm missing anything when listening to the AEON but when I throw the C Flow back on, I go "Oh yeah, this is a pretty nice headphone!"

May 7, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #1,204 of 5,483
They're very close to the Ether C Flow in most respects. A direct A/B will show that the Ether C Flow is indeed better, but when not listening back to back, you may find yourself wondering why you need the Ether if you have the Aeon. It's a great quality to have since I never feel like I'm missing anything when listening to the AEON but when I throw the C Flow back on, I go "Oh yeah, this is a pretty nice headphone!"
Oh, I never actually considered getting rid of the Flow C's...their sound just keeps improving to my ears. I'll use the Aeon on the home setup from time to time but I intend them mostly for my "transportable" rig. :L3000:

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

May 7, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #1,205 of 5,483
So how do I get the Mr. Speakers headphone stand holding the Aeon on the website?

May 8, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #1,207 of 5,483
Dan kindly lent a production level pair of Aeon for our meet this weekend. I've spent a few hours listening to them. The production level Aeon is improved appreciably over the pre production. Better bass, clarity and resolution across the board. You guys are in for something truly special.

Notice Dan has lowered the sensitivity rating for the production version to 94 dB. Do you think the improved resolution you are hearing could be due to refining the driver specification?

May 8, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #1,209 of 5,483
@ dawktah2: "So how do I get the Mr. Speakers headphone stand holding the Aeon on the website?"

If you mean this one:
3-4-Side-Shot-Stand.jpg

You can get the stand here: http://www.bendyhead.com

They offer two types of the same stand; one can be disassembled for transport to shows and one that can't. (Note: it looks like they've dropped the non-portable stand AND jacked the price by $40 to $129 since I was on the site last...price of "fame" I guess..?) :rage: They can also do custom engraving to put anything you want on the stand.

Hope that helps!
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #1,210 of 5,483
We will have the bendyhead MrSpeakers stand on our store this week. :)

Regarding the efficiency, the original measurement was when we had a MUCH softer ear pad with a smaller cavity. We revised the spec mostly due to the changed ear pad and a small amount of tuning done after the initial spec came out.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 8, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,211 of 5,483
We will have the bendyhead MrSpeakers stand on our store this week. :)

Regarding the efficiency, the original measurement was when we had a MUCH softer ear pad with a smaller cavity. We revised the spec mostly due to the changed ear pad and a small amount of tuning done after the initial spec came out.
I'm willing to "invest" in things you sell on your site, Dan. I would definitely consider getting a stand or stands from you guys!:L3000:

Cheers and Thanks!:beerchug:
-HK sends

May 8, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,215 of 5,483
I'll order the one as soon as it hits site! Thanks Dan!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back