AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 20, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #1,036 of 5,483
Difficult without straight comparison, I think Sine is more inline with other Audeze, smooth and bodied midrange, warmish sound. Aeon, from my memory, is more neutral, seems to resolve more details, not as warm as Sine I think but still quite warm. Well, I'll know better when I get both to compare later. :)

I got Aeon for replacing Sine mainly btw. Aeon is league ahead in comfort though.

Thanks for the reply, I really meant the Audeze isine 10 or 20.

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #1,037 of 5,483
Thanks for the reply, I really meant the Audeze isine 10 or 20.

Ah, I see. I somehow read as Sine, considering it is a headphone. Well, both serve a different purpose, and will depend on what you actually need. I like the sound of iSine20 though, it is a quite incredible IEM. For less than half the price, it is only slightly behind my U12. Sound quality comparison only, I think Aeon is still one step ahead, size matters after all. :)

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #1,038 of 5,483
The Aeon will be the first headphones I'll review on my upcoming podcast launching late 2017. The podcast's name will be Audio of Atlantis which is under Podcast Atlantis on social media. I'm saving up for the Hugo 2 and Aeon right now. They should combine with Voltron-like electricity to form an amazing package. I'll also add a Cavalli Audio headphone amplifier later.

Looking forward to your podcast!  
L3000.gif

For what it's worth - I have been looking for a podcast (video or audio-only) when I started with this crazy hobby (a year ago or so), but could not find anything.  If anyone got any recommendation for a podcast geared at audiophiles or sound gear in general - please let me know.

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #1,039 of 5,483
Hello Dan,

Kindly let us know know when there are 10 left so that those of us on the fence can stop procrastinating and jump on the band wagon.  Since the counter is disabled, does that mean the pre order price goes beyond the 250?

Thanks,

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #1,043 of 5,483
I spend more time than is healthy knocking around this forum and sometimes threads can get quite argumentative and contributors can sometimes be rude. I find the Mr Speakers threads probably the most polite, helpful, appreciative and civilised of all. Just an observation!

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #1,044 of 5,483
I spend more time than is healthy knocking around this forum and sometimes threads can get quite argumentative and contributors can sometimes be rude. I find the Mr Speakers threads probably the most polite, helpful, appreciative and civilised of all. Just an observation!

It could be because there's near universal admiration for the product and the company, so there's less to disagree about.  Everything about them is first rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back