AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Nov 8, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #3,544 of 5,483
go to a local store to compare just to make sure .Thats what i did.
+1

I mentioned driver imbalance on my pair a few pages back. Tried the demo pair at my local store to make sure I wasn't just being paranoid. Sure enough, I could hear a clear difference between the two and Mr. Speakers sent me some replacement pads :)

edit: assuming you've got a local store you can visit

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #3,545 of 5,483
+1

I mentioned driver imbalance on my pair a few pages back. Tried the demo pair at my local store to make sure I wasn't just being paranoid. Sure enough, I could hear a clear difference between the two and Mr. Speakers sent me some replacement pads :)

edit: assuming you've got a local store you can visit
Seeing that you have the 560, how do those compare?

Nov 8, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #3,548 of 5,483
Gave this a listen. His a good pianist! :O

I myself play instruments
Yeah you get to hear people moving around etc as if it's live. once the piano plays though it's way harder to notice. of course, if not then the audience are bad people haha
Yea there are lots of sounds in those tracks, my wife also plays instruments!
Lang Lang is one of the greatest ever, I've seen him play live. If you like Piano music then check out some of his other albums :)
Every one of these albums is well recorded (atleast from all the ones I've heard) and they sound GREAT on the Aeon!

btw is this what you mean by Hamilton?

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #3,549 of 5,483
Just gave it a shot. Completely clean even with the volume cranked up quite a bit.

I Get buzzing in bass when using full volume om my iPad pro 3,5 jack. This does not happen when using the lightning to jack.

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #3,550 of 5,483
I Get buzzing in bass when using full volume om my iPad pro 3,5 jack. This does not happen when using the lightning to jack.
My phone (Google Nexus 5) isn't powerful enough to drive the Aeon's too hard, but I do notice the odd bit of distortion when using it as a source compared to any separate dac/amp I have.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #3,551 of 5,483
My phone (Google Nexus 5) isn't powerful enough to drive the Aeon's too hard, but I do notice the odd bit of distortion when using it as a source compared to any separate dac/amp I have.

What is the output impedance and wattage?
I drove my aeons perfectly fine yesterday with a FiiO K1 to a pretty loud volume I might add.
I used only 45% windows volume and it was thumping just fine.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #3,552 of 5,483
I should just put this as part of my signature; if there is "buzzing" it is distortion in your amp or source. It is almost never the headphone.

In almost all cases, which are not many, "buzzing" is distortion from over-driving your amp, it is not an issue with the headphone. If it is at any volume then it's almost certainly the recording. The solution is always the same, turn it down or get a more powerful amp. The actual failure rate for our headphone drivers is <0.25% across all products and in almost all cases the actual failure is a channel imbalance, NOT buzzing. The few returned due to "buzzing" were fine, and as I think I said previously to my knowledge we've only had 1-2 actual buzzing drivers, which was contamination.

:)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #3,553 of 5,483
I should just put this as part of my signature; if there is "buzzing" it is distortion in your amp or source. It is almost never the headphone.

In almost all cases, which are not many, "buzzing" is distortion from over-driving your amp, it is not an issue with the headphone. If it is at any volume then it's almost certainly the recording. The solution is always the same, turn it down or get a more powerful amp. The actual failure rate for our headphone drivers is <0.25% across all products and in almost all cases the actual failure is a channel imbalance, NOT buzzing. The few returned due to "buzzing" were fine, and as I think I said previously to my knowledge we've only had 1-2 actual buzzing drivers, which was contamination.

:)
Agreed!
Now I can't wait to hear the Aeon open, my friend is about to buy one xD

Nov 9, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #3,554 of 5,483
What is the output impedance and wattage?
I drove my aeons perfectly fine yesterday with a FiiO K1 to a pretty loud volume I might add.
I used only 45% windows volume and it was thumping just fine.
No idea, volume's not the issue anyway. My phone simply doesn't have enough juice to drive Aeon's well. Given I'm only using my phone in lieu of getting a decent portable DAC/Amp I'm not fussed by the distortion or the lack of body to the sound. My Aeon's are fine and sound fantastic through my home setup, so again, not bothered by my phone's afterthought DAC.

If anything, I'm just adding weight to the fact that my completely operational Aeon's display audible distortion from crap sources and none from good sources.

Nov 9, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #3,555 of 5,483
Running mine from a FiiO X7 with the AM5 (high power) amp module. Sounds great, but needs that extra juice from the amp unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back