AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jul 10, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #2,281 of 5,483
Been listening to these at home and on the go for a few days and I love them so far. I have kind of an odd question though, has anyone attached a modmic to theirs? I wanted to be able to use it at my desktop for gaming but am a little worried that the magnet used to attach the mic to the headphone would interfere with the planar magnetic driver.

Edit: Here's a link showing what I'm talking about:

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #2,282 of 5,483
According to my tracking number they should be here today! :mailbox_with_mail:

Jul 10, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #2,283 of 5,483
I heard my friends Aeon recently and I'm actually surprised. It's not as resolving as my HD650 or HD800 but what an improvement over the Ether Flow C.

Jul 10, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #2,285 of 5,483
I bought my balanced from here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALANCED-XL...hash=item2836e37e45:m:mJ053THeV4CC-xwYxAcIShg
It’s nice cable like Impact Audio, but he has instock, so don’t have to wait like 4 weeks to make.
It does look pretty similar. Impact Audio Cables are cheaper and you have more customization options though. For me, this probably isn't worth the extra money; just to get it faster.

I heard my friends Aeon recently and I'm actually surprised. It's not as resolving as my HD650 or HD800 but what an improvement over the Ether Flow C.
It's interesting that you think the HD650 is more resolving. I personally feel that the Aeon are way more resolving than the HD600 but less so than the HD800S.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #2,286 of 5,483
As for a good cable that won't break the bank i recommend Lavri Ultimate 12 core, pure silver.

Hmmm I'm wondering whether silver or copper is more ideal for these. It sounds like they're quite detailed and when I heard the ether flow C they were almost a touch bright or dare I say tinny to my ear. So I wonder if copper might add just a touch of warmth or smoothness that would compliment these well. Or the counter argument could be that silver eccentuates the Aeon's strengths I suppose. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #2,287 of 5,483
It does look pretty similar. Impact Audio Cables are cheaper and you have more customization options though. For me, this probably isn't worth the extra money; just to get it faster.

It's interesting that you think the HD650 is more resolving. I personally feel that the Aeon are way more resolving than the HD600 but less so than the HD800S.

Depends what you drive them with. On higher end gear the HD650 is more resolving and pretty close to my HD800

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #2,288 of 5,483
What do you mean by "Higher End" I have been living with the 650's for years and have directly compared them to many different headphones and resolving is not a term I would use when describing them. Perhaps it is a terminology difference. At any rate my AEons handily whoop my 650's at every level, except width of soundstage.

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #2,289 of 5,483
What do you mean by "Higher End" I have been living with the 650's for years and have directly compared them to many different headphones and resolving is not a term I would use when describing them. Perhaps it is a terminology difference. At any rate my AEons handily whoop my 650's at every level, except width of soundstage.
Maybe just don't the ear to tell what good resolution is? Don't mean it to be disrespectful, it can be a good thing. Or maybe the Jot does better with Aeon abd you prefer its soidn signature for me it doesn't compete with the HD650, HD800 etc but it's a decent closed headphone.

YMMV so many variables to peoples experiences.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #2,295 of 5,483
Not that it matters to the discussion, but the Aeon is part of the FLOW series. Anyone look at the box they came in// A big old FLOW logo printed right on the side.... Even touted in the Mr. Speakers web copy to use FLOW technology...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back