AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 24, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #1,516 of 5,483
I listened to the Aeon and with the stock cable it was meh. However with a different cable (the red one in the background) the headphone was a totally different animal on my setup.

Do you know which cable is that?

May 24, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #1,517 of 5,483
I listened to the Aeon and with the stock cable it was meh. However with a different cable (the red one in the background) the headphone was a totally different animal on my setup.

9946260.jpg

Hi, what dac/amp were you using, snellemin?

May 24, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #1,518 of 5,483
I received my aeon yesterday. I remember they felt comfy in camjam NYC and the earpads had enough room for my ear around and the driver wasnt touching my ears.

Yesterday i felt as if there wasnt enough room around the ears and they could touch the drivers.

May 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1,519 of 5,483
I received my aeon yesterday. I remember they felt comfy in camjam NYC and the earpads had enough room for my ear around and the driver wasnt touching my ears.

Yesterday i felt as if there wasnt enough room around the ears and they could touch the drivers.

We have definitely not made any changes to the ear pads, the foam and dimensions are the same as NY units. The only change was that we shortened the leather strap. One user felt the phones were clamping too hard, but this was easily addressed by simply raising the sliders to loosen the fit. The headband should only carry a little weight, if you over-tighten it it can squeeze the pads (and your head). Other than that not sure what to suggest...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 24, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #1,521 of 5,483
This hits me way harder than all the delay-related updates combined. Hopefully it is not a lot shorter than the one at the Headroom Show. I have an above-average head size and had to loosen up the pair at London quite a bit to get a good fit

I suspect you'll be fine. We found the shorter strap has fit everyone we've tried.We've tested on LARGE hat sizes as well. It turns out the shorter strap allowed us to fit smaller heads better, but because of the geometry of the metal it didn't affect fit for larger heads, so for this application it's been win/win. That said, if anyone ever has a fit issue we can always send a longer strap.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #1,526 of 5,483
I suspect you'll be fine. We found the shorter strap has fit everyone we've tried.We've tested on LARGE hat sizes as well. It turns out the shorter strap allowed us to fit smaller heads better, but because of the geometry of the metal it didn't affect fit for larger heads, so for this application it's been win/win. That said, if anyone ever has a fit issue we can always send a longer strap.

I will send in a PM. I would like to try the large strap.

May 24, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #1,527 of 5,483

9946260.jpg

What was that red one ?

May 24, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #1,529 of 5,483
Just got my tracking number! Order #11078 for reference.

Hopefully my Impact Audio balanced cable will ship on the estimated date of 5/26 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back