Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Dec 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #301 of 474
  To folks who have these or are planing, what source do you plan to use? I am quite interested in Onkyo DP-X1 but availability issues are scaring me. 

I use them with my DX50 or my AK240. I like the DP-X1 myself, and I might pick one up when I get to Tokyo in February.

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #302 of 474
  To folks who have these or are planing, what source do you plan to use? I am quite interested in Onkyo DP-X1 but availability issues are scaring me. 

AK100ii for portability, Mojo for the best possible sound among my sources.

Although if anyone has anything good to say about the DX80 or DP-X1 (single DAC when single ended? really?) I'm listening.

Dec 27, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #303 of 474

AK100ii for portability, Mojo for the best possible sound among my sources.

Although if anyone has anything good to say about the DX80 or DP-X1 (single DAC when single ended? really?) I'm listening.

DX80 works great with W500 but I doubt its much of an improvement over the AK100ii.

Mojo sounds excellent with anything and W500 is no exception :)

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #304 of 474
  DX80 works great with W500 but I doubt its much of an improvement over the AK100ii.

Mojo sounds excellent with anything and W500 is no exception :)

Thinking of getting a backup player to ease off the hours of the AK. Still casually browsing.

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #305 of 474

Thinking of getting a backup player to ease off the hours of the AK. Still casually browsing.

If you don't want to spend too much the Fiio X3ii is an excellent choice. It is a definite step down from the gears you have now but for the price there is nothing to complain. It might be a good transport for the Mojo as well if you can find a decent Coax cable for it (not that easy to find for Fiio devices, though).

Dec 27, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #306 of 474
  If you don't want to spend too much the Fiio X3ii is an excellent choice. It is a definite step down from the gears you have now but for the price there is nothing to complain. It might be a good transport for the Mojo as well if you can find a decent Coax cable for it (not that easy to find for Fiio devices, though).

Lol, I sold the X5ii before getting the AK. Talk about feeling dumb. Thanks for the suggestion!

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #307 of 474
The reason why I want the DP-X1 is because of Tidal. I think streaming services will up their game in the future and offer better quality. Of course the dual SD slots don't hurt as well 
biggrin.gif

I don't see A&K offering anything in this regard. Looking at their recent products, it is hard to see them making something like the Onkyo or Fiio X7. 

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #309 of 474
The reason why I want the DP-X1 is because of Tidal. I think streaming services will up their game in the future and offer better quality. Of course the dual SD slots don't hurt as well :D

I don't see A&K offering anything in this regard. Looking at their recent products, it is hard to see them making something like the Onkyo or Fiio X7. 

I don't think streaming is in AK's agenda. Their focus is on high-end pure players and the next frontier is the amp module for AK320 and 380. In a way it's good that they can focus purely on perfecting the product without the distraction of third-party apps and whitelists, which are beyond their control.

The Onkyo reminds me of an iPod Touch, basically an iPhone without the phone haha. They have tons of stuff to iron out, but thankfully I read the SQ is stellar. It can potentially be a game-changer.

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #311 of 474
I don't think streaming is in AK's agenda. Their focus is on high-end pure players and the next frontier is the amp module for AK320 and 380. In a way it's good that they can focus purely on perfecting the product without the distraction of third-party apps and whitelists, which are beyond their control.

The Onkyo reminds me of an iPod Touch, basically an iPhone without the phone haha. They have tons of stuff to iron out, but thankfully I read the SQ is stellar. It can potentially be a game-changer.

I agree, I think AK is just concentrating on the non streaming crowd but it is a mistake. The amount of songs in Tidal will always far exceed your own player's capacity.

Also, Tidal has been hyping their new MQA streaming lately. Will be interesting to see if it sees the daylight. I think that has the real potential to turn things around. 

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #312 of 474
Is there any comparison of the AAW W350 against the JomoAudio 5?
I didn't have a chance to audition the Jomo. I really like the W350, actually more
than the W500.

Seems have to wait for CamJam Singapore to A/B them.

They both play in the same price league and as I would like to support local business
my next purhcase will be AAW or Jomo.

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #313 of 474
Is there any comparison of the AAW W350 against the JomoAudio 5?
I didn't have a chance to audition the Jomo. I really like the W350, actually more
than the W500.

Seems have to wait for CamJam Singapore to A/B them.

They both play in the same price league and as I would like to support local business
my next purhcase will be AAW or Jomo.

Sound performance wise jomo 5 is quite good, but I haven't heard the best things about their qc control or customer service. If you are in Singapore why not head down for an audition? They have a few local dealers.

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #315 of 474
Thanks mate, the Jomo places are all a bit ulu ulu so I think I wait for CamJam where I can directly compare them.
Would be nice if Jaben also becomes a distributor for jomo...

I wish AAW also have watchpart designs...

Orchard Road ulu? :scream:

Ulu = middle of nowhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back