Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Dec 21, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #286 of 474
Dec 21, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #287 of 474
Yep.

Contemplating upgrading to the lune cable because there's a discount if I replace the standard cable with it. Mostly for the looks. Don't really believe in cable sound stuff other than the difference in resistances affecting BA impedance swings. Anyone has experience with how much memory it has, comfort and durability?

Dec 21, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #289 of 474
Yep.

Contemplating upgrading to the lune cable because there's a discount if I replace the standard cable with it. Mostly for the looks. Don't really believe in cable sound stuff other than the difference in resistances affecting BA impedance swings. Anyone has experience with how much memory it has, comfort and durability?

You can consult Null Audio as to whether it's a good match. Bcos I've read that the W500 matches very well with copper cables and not so well with silver. So they'll let you in on whether the cables are a good match. Lune cables are SPC right?

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #290 of 474

Yep.

Comfort and build quality wise Lune is definitely ahead of the stock cable. It should be a good match with the A3H Pro.

Is the Lune made of copper? Personally I would not pair the A3H Pro with silver as it is pretty bright sounding at stock already.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #296 of 474
  Haha, yeah, I was tempted to go crazy too because it was free but decided to be a little restrained. :p

Hoping that my impressions travel safely and quickly.

You should go crazy, normal looking ear phones don't do it for me 
biggrin.gif

Man, impressions are really the sucky part of CIEM's. Are they packed properly? Did they break in transit? Hope they haven't shrunk. Hope the CIEM's fit me. God, those things are annoying. Hope mine reach fine too. 

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #297 of 474

You should go crazy, normal looking ear phones don't do it for me 
biggrin.gif

Man, impressions are really the sucky part of CIEM's. Are they packed properly? Did they break in transit? Hope they haven't shrunk. Hope the CIEM's fit me. God, those things are annoying. Hope mine reach fine too. 

To be frank, my previous impressions were so hard/rigid, I doubt they'd crack, let alone chip off or break apart whilst in transit. 
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #298 of 474
It's been awhile since I've posted on here.
I've been happily using my GR07 classics for about 1 year...(on my 2nd pair now)
I'm part of the Massdrop group. These will be my first and last CIEM (at least that's what I tell myself).
I got my impressions done at 340 College Street by Dr. Marshall Chasin for $75 flat. He gave me a free copy of a book he wrote about "Musicians and Prevention of Hearing Loss".
Nice guy, process took maybe 30 minutes tops. He tested my hearing and as expected I have some minor hearing loss (whatttt did you just say???). Whatever...maybe he'll give me a discount on a hearing aid later.

I just mailed my impressions yesterday ($12.xx CDN) small air packet mail no tracking. The next step up was $49.xx CDN w/tracking. I put my faith in the mail system. Please gather around and say a prayer for me guys.

My design was originally all clear (so I could see all the drivers and feel good), but at the last minute I decided to stick to my self promise I made almost 10 years ago which was right / red & left / blue, plus faceplates were free because of reaching the target on Massdrop.
I was set on getting red carbon fiber and blue carbon fiber, but I changed it to red mother of pearl and blue mother of pearl because they have to dive in the ocean to get it. Quite the bang for buck I would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back