Ad700 vs Razer Orca
Sep 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
AD700 smokes the Orcas if I am not mistaken.  If you do not mind doing a little DIY, the Fostex T50RP is a big improvement over AD700 as far as sound, not only for music listening, but gaming as well.  The down side is that they are often sold out, but patience will be well rewarded.  Otherwise, go for AD700.

You're crazy. I have owned both for over a year now and the Razer Orcas can be compared to the AD700s easily. The orcas have a great balance of clarity and bass with a big sound stage. The AD700s have a huge sound stage but sound very bright and have no bass. If you like a more balanced sound go with the Orcas. The Orcas are basically AD700s with some bass. The 700s sound a bit more clearer with a little bit bigger sound stage but thats about it.

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #18 of 18
Yes the Orca is shaped after the Carcharias but in itself it is another headphone that's about 3 years younger and hence it is totally possible they have updated/upgraded the driver after that period.

But I believe the Megalodon and the Carcharias' drivers are physically the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back