Ad700 or Superlux 668b
Oct 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #17 of 22
Re: Samson SR850 and Superlux HD668B

Having owned both, here are my thoughts about them:
Although they are very similar in sound they're not identical.

The main difference between them is in the bass region, where the Samson's are more extended and have significantly more impact  than HD668B does (which can get boring at times).
There are also differences in the high end of the spectrum which I cannot be sure of 100% (I've only had both for a few days, before selling the hd668 and keepind the sr850).
It could be that the richer bass of the Samsons make them sound a bit more balanced and less etched, but it can also be that they simply have a flatter treble response. I don't know.

In terms of detail, imaging and tonal accuracy I think they're too close to choose a winner.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #18 of 22
 I wouldn't reccomend the FA-011s, pretty much ALL BASS.

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #19 of 22
I heard the Fa-011 are a very fun sounding headphones. They got great reviews and from what ive read its what i am looking for. Great soundstage without sacrificing the very nice bass that you get from headphones like the m50. Ive always looked for headphones between the ad700 and the m50 and from what ive read this is as close as it gets unless you have another option that i should consider? Do you guys think its worth it to keep the samson 850 if i also have the fostex t50rp? and i have had the worst experience with gdaudiobase. ive spent a total of about 10-12 hours trying to figure out how to work the payment. ive wasted way too much time on that website to go back. i just spent another 3 hours yesterday. and dimitri is too busy to reply to my emails. I just cant stand that website. ive been trying to order the silver bullet and eterna v1 for about a 6 months now, and the time i spent was just not worth it. I would buy it off of anyone if they have it tho.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #21 of 22
I listened ATH AD300 and i think it doesnt lack bass.. i dont know if AD700 lack in bass..
is the "AD300" have more bass body than AD700?

sorry for my poor english

Users who are viewing this thread

Back