AD700...and Head size.
Feb 24, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #17 of 23
AD700 is not secure on my head, definitely no head-banging. I wouldn't recommend walking around with them either, they are simply too big.

I can guarantee that I have a bigger head than 80% of the people on this forum. I find the AD700 extremely comforting, ie no clamp at all. Go with a smaller headphone if you intend to move around with them.

Feb 24, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #18 of 23
I have a smallish head (under 56 cm in circumfrence) and my AD900s fit fine. I woludn't headbang with them, but I sometimes wear them outside. The real hard part is finding somewhere to stow them when I'm in class. 

I'm told they fit a little differently than the AD700s, but I count myself lucky to be able to fit the wing'd AT headphones well.

@Tibble89: He specifically said no rubberband mod. :p

Feb 24, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #20 of 23
I owned an AD300 for over 4 years and it still works awesome. Their designs are almost the same so I may comment that though the fit may be annoyed at first, the sound would definitely come over it. It is not for portable, absolutely, so I left it at my dorm all the time. Whenever I am at my place, I would use it instead of other portable nice-designed headphones.

The head band is big, even my head is little bit big. It sometimes slides down my ears, but it rarely happens. If you are sitting and stay, it won't be a big problem.

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #21 of 23
Thanks for all your inputs, but the "mystery" surrounding the AD700 and/or AD900 will not be solved unless some quantifiable data are provided to allow me or any other potential to know whether they will fit our heads...Please spend 10 seconds of your time and measure your ear to ear measurements and post them here please =/

Also, for those of you guys who so kindly measured the circumference of your head, unfortunately, our head shapes all differ, so just knowing the circumference doesn't let us know how it will fit...Only the ear to ear measurements since that's the way the headphones are worn, from one ear to another =P

Mar 1, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
Thanks for all your inputs, but the "mystery" surrounding the AD700 and/or AD900 will not be solved unless some quantifiable data are provided to allow me or any other potential to know whether they will fit our heads...Please spend 10 seconds of your time and measure your ear to ear measurements and post them here please =/

Also, for those of you guys who so kindly measured the circumference of your head, unfortunately, our head shapes all differ, so just knowing the circumference doesn't let us know how it will fit...Only the ear to ear measurements since that's the way the headphones are worn, from one ear to another =P

I just quoted 56 cm to get an idea of "small head- still fits. I'll go try to measure my ear to ear now, and edit this post with the results. Also, in the AD900 topic, there's a picture of a guy wearing his, if that would help.

Edit: Well, I can't measure my ear to ear measurements by myself, and my room-mate is too busy playing Pokemon emerald on his emulater to assist me. I can't get any measurements more precise than about +- 2cm or so, which isn't precise enough to have any sort of accuracy with meaning.

Also, I think you might be better off knowing the ear to top of head measure due to the nature of the wing design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back