Acoustune Impressions thread
Dec 25, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #528 of 807
HS2000MX impress me a lot, especially in term of soundstage size and quality. Imaging is well structure and very spacious. Not as bassy as the older models, which is good for me as my playlist usually consist of vocal, jazz, and pop.
Possibly past the Solaris Gold sound field? especially the depth, maybe?
Lack of bass - cable roll will help a lot here...

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #529 of 807
I’m so happy with HS1677ss that Im scared to change stock cable and loose sinergy I have with RS6.
In my mind there is ARS133😋

Dec 26, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #530 of 807
This is just an excerpt from my short impressions posts on my facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/Practiphile-Audio-Gaming-236102976807775/

Acoustine RS ONE
- The most awaited part! I’m going to buy myself a pair. This is a really really well tuned IEM especially for my preference. I am going to be a bit biased here because I have been aiming to get myself an acoustune someday. When I auditioned the HS1657cu and HS1677ss, I knew that I just had to get an acoustune.

It is because of their drivers. They call it “myrinx”. There is a membrane that coats the human eardrum and acoustune uses a synthetic medical grade material to mimic that membrane. It is said to be super soft yet very durable. As a result, there is a very low distortion, making the sound clear yet full sounding at the same time. Imagine the clearness of a BA + the fullness of a DD. That is how it sounds like. The Rs One is tuned pretty balanced with emphasis on vocal reproduction. Bass is super textured and has a very realistic and satisfying rumble. Mids are super, super clean and as I have said, vocals are a bit forward but not offensive by any means. I like how they give body to the vocals because in most monitors, vocals sound a bit thin. Treble has enough extension and not overly bright, so it is good for long listening sessions. The stage is narrow but the resolution keeps up for it. It is almost or maybe better than final a4000 in terms of resolution because acoustune kind of gives life to every note. The thing I don’t like about the A4000 is that the female vocals can sound thin and they are also hard to drive.

RS one is pretty easy to drive and I think they matched the impedance of the cable included. And the price? Oh man only about 105 USD!

BONUS: the shells are made of "polycarbonate" something and is impact, heat and sweat resistant! It is really ideal for stage monitoring!

You also don’t worry about the connection getting unplugged accidentally on stage because it uses a pentocon connector which is far more superior and stable than mmcx.

Most monitors can be fatiguing for long listening sessions, some won't even pass for music indulgence.

But with RS ONE, I like how they put body to the vocals so that you can also enjoy your music library. 😊

Jan 3, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #531 of 807
This is excellent news indeed!
From the Acoustune feed
1641198625365.png

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #533 of 807
Sorry, I’m not going to buy HS2000MX

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #535 of 807
The SH still a bit steep @ usd.1,550
Dang! Those shell plates really look like miniature 800s! lol
1641534300172.png

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #536 of 807
I'm onna torture myself for a minute, lol...

笙 SHO​

When I play “Emi Fujita / Best OF My Love” as usual, the meaningless word “Ohhhhhhh !!!” appears at the moment when the guitar at the beginning sounds. The sound field is so vast that I think, “Is this really an earphone? Isn’t it a headphone?* ”, And the sharp but supple guitar sound flows delicately there. While you can clearly see the fine sound of the strings trembling, the sound of the wood echoing in the guitar housing is relaxed and mellow.

The following vocal voice is also real. You can’t feel any incidental sounds, the acoustic sound is raw, and the high-definition sound is “Acoustune”, but the sho is sharper and more detailed than the previous Acoustune earphones. The amount is large. This may be the effect of the new driver that combines beryllium thin film processing dome with Milinks.

When I listen to “Michael Jackson / Thriller”, the sound of the opening door “Guy!” Is so real and solid that I shrug my head. The sharpness of the beat that follows, and the transient of thunder that roars behind it are sharp to another dimension. What is surprising is that even though it is so sharp and high-definition, there is no exaggeration that makes the edges stand up, and there is no such thing as “forcibly crispy”. The sound is “as is”, but “the amount of information is insanely large”, so the sound looks good and can be heard sharply.

Even with the earphones of a balanced armature (BA) driver, the high-frequency description is delicate, but in the case of BA, the metallic sound peculiar to BA clings to it, and compared to other bands, only the high-frequency sound is emphasized. You may feel such an unnaturalness. The sho is completely different from the high range of such BA.

It is natural because it is a dynamic type, but it has achieved a high range of information amount that is comparable to BA’s high-end earphones while maintaining the “dynamic type natural sound” … No, it surpasses it. Therefore, when I listen to it, I don’t feel like “a well-made BA + dynamic hybrid earphone”, but I feel like I’m listening to another earphone that goes beyond that. No, it feels like listening to floor-type speakers** rather than earphones.
(Not my literature, Ctta)

* This is the very reason, why I'm very much in Love with my 1670, after all these years - the only in ear headphone to claim it's sound field superiority dimensions along the lines of Andro and Solaris. 1670 height is higher than both.
There is foot tapping energy, they're bright @ the top but still very organic especially in the mids, coupled with fantastic **Mid bass. Coherence is king on this set...

Jan 7, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #538 of 807
I'm onna torture myself for a minute, lol...

笙 SHO​

When I play “Emi Fujita / Best OF My Love” as usual, the meaningless word “Ohhhhhhh !!!” appears at the moment when the guitar at the beginning sounds. The sound field is so vast that I think, “Is this really an earphone? Isn’t it a headphone?* ”, And the sharp but supple guitar sound flows delicately there. While you can clearly see the fine sound of the strings trembling, the sound of the wood echoing in the guitar housing is relaxed and mellow.

The following vocal voice is also real. You can’t feel any incidental sounds, the acoustic sound is raw, and the high-definition sound is “Acoustune”, but the sho is sharper and more detailed than the previous Acoustune earphones. The amount is large. This may be the effect of the new driver that combines beryllium thin film processing dome with Milinks.

When I listen to “Michael Jackson / Thriller”, the sound of the opening door “Guy!” Is so real and solid that I shrug my head. The sharpness of the beat that follows, and the transient of thunder that roars behind it are sharp to another dimension. What is surprising is that even though it is so sharp and high-definition, there is no exaggeration that makes the edges stand up, and there is no such thing as “forcibly crispy”. The sound is “as is”, but “the amount of information is insanely large”, so the sound looks good and can be heard sharply.

Even with the earphones of a balanced armature (BA) driver, the high-frequency description is delicate, but in the case of BA, the metallic sound peculiar to BA clings to it, and compared to other bands, only the high-frequency sound is emphasized. You may feel such an unnaturalness. The sho is completely different from the high range of such BA.

It is natural because it is a dynamic type, but it has achieved a high range of information amount that is comparable to BA’s high-end earphones while maintaining the “dynamic type natural sound” … No, it surpasses it. Therefore, when I listen to it, I don’t feel like “a well-made BA + dynamic hybrid earphone”, but I feel like I’m listening to another earphone that goes beyond that. No, it feels like listening to floor-type speakers** rather than earphones.
(Not my literature, Ctta)

* This is the very reason, why I'm very much in Love with my 1670, after all these years - the only in ear headphone to claim it's sound field superiority dimensions along the lines of Andro and Solaris. 1670 height is higher than both.
There is foot tapping energy, they're bright @ the top but still very organic especially in the mids, coupled with fantastic **Mid bass. Coherence is king on this set...
Just read the full review, makes me want to buy it, wonderful description!

My music taste (sound signature) has changed over the years. I used to love warm/tubey sound but lately I am more drawn to high clarity/definition/treble. I don't think I'm a treblehead, not yet, but maybe I'm getting there.

I may wait for more reviews on the SHO, or get it now, or get the 1670 now or 1679ti... dunno yet.

Maybe we can twist Alberto's arm!

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #539 of 807
Just read the full review, makes me want to buy it, wonderful description!

My music taste (sound signature) has changed over the years. I used to love warm/tubey sound but lately I am more drawn to high clarity/definition/treble. I don't think I'm a treblehead, not yet, but maybe I'm getting there.

I may wait for more reviews on the SHO, or get it now,
Yeah, me too. My 1670 was purchased after I roamed the entire audio world of reviews, met and chat with some of the world's best reviewers. Almost a year's duration. When I finally got them, they were superseded by the 1690. I recently found out, they are not superseded @ all, the 90 series were flagship with regard to the level of clarity and refinements, but the 70s are very good to excellent as they are.
or get the 1670 now or 1679ti... dunno yet.
Comparing both, the '70/'77 aside from energetic they are treblehead sets but without negating the high quality mids and bass. I was obligated to upgrade to premium pure jap. copper cable, just to tame the top end - for my taste. They will fail in sibilant tracks/albums so much so in since they are very revealing and not so in forgiving.
Whilst the '97 is the refinement from both the 50 and 70 series they are balance sounding with a little relaxed tuning.
Maybe we can twist Alberto's arm!
LOL...

Jan 7, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #540 of 807
Ah, I see, I didn't realise that, in that case it looks like the 1670/77 is the way to go for me, thanks for the clarification.

Do you think, based on the reviews so far, is the SHO an upgrade on the 97 or the 70/77?

These Acoustune's are very intriguing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back