Acoustune HS1501 AL / HS1551 CU
Mar 4, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #61 of 220
If you mean by CIEM, yes. It's already under development. They use the same type of chamber as well as the end of it sticking out from the shell just like the UIEMs.

It has a similar looking with the UIEM, just the shell is replaced with a custom resin molding.

That will be really awesome.
Beauty of this iem is its coherency that multi drivers (of any type) cannot match.

If it comes with custom fit, I'd be willing to wait

Mar 4, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #62 of 220
That will be really awesome.
Beauty of this iem is its coherency that multi drivers (of any type) cannot match.

If it comes with custom fit, I'd be willing to wait

Yep, not sure when they'll come out but definitely looking forward to them. Just found a pic of the prototype btw.

Capturehj.PNG

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #64 of 220
can anyone gives insight on how do the acoustune hs1551 cu compares with the campfire audio polaris? I torn between these two.
The Polaris has more bass impact than the HS1551 CU and it is able to give a more energetic performance. On the other hand, HS1551 CU has a warm focused midrange that is extremely soothing. Hope this helps! :)

Mar 10, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #66 of 220
Received mine hs1551cu. I do not like it with Mojo too much. I slightly prefer sound of it with cheaper ldac receiver Audio Technica At-pha55bt. Mojo shows less subbass, but more upper mids. It is the subbas that I dislike about Mojo, but otherwise it sounds fine. I am appretiate these iems. They sound very thick.

//edited

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #70 of 220
How does this compare to the Polaris? I'm seriously considering switching to these but don't have the benefit of an audition.
the acoustune is way more all rounded than the Polaris which is somewhat shaped and has quite thin mids.
acoustune is much warmer and frequency response much more flatter and balanced. Polaris is exciting for certain genres like rock though, and those highs are very crisp n snappy.

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #71 of 220
Just got my own pair from Zeppelin & Co. in Singapore, and initial impressions are stellar. These are warm-bassy, but the unique quality is definitely the bass. It doesn't flex its muscles until called upon, and on tracks with huge bass kicks, these perform amazingly, but on songs with vocals and instrumentals, they shine well, smooth and musical. These are far from neutral, and won't be a pick if you want something that is flat. Treble isn't the best, and that's something that mght put some people off. These do treble alright, but don't sparkle like some other brighter iems - these are very warm indeed.

Which one, HS1501 AL or HS1551 CU?

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #72 of 220
i found them more bassy than most iem's I've tried or own, kinda like a more civil version of the old sony xba 4s + a subwoofer or a tighter better balanced z5.

Aside from the overwrought bass, I kinda like their sound but these iems made me realise that I'm not a basshead. My friend, who is exclusively into 2ch (he uses Wilson Sophia 2) loved it and thought that it was tonally closer to a pair of "big speakers in a room" than all the other iems he tried, but he also found the Phat Booty bass somewhat distracting.

Despite being all metal, they look and felt "cheap" compared to say DITA or Campfire IEMS, those garish colours, the way the mmcx swivels ... the stubby nozzle made it feel like it's about fall out of these ears at any second. great accessories and packaging tho.

fwiw, the LE sage green/rose gold version looked 1000x better to me.

good vfm if you don't mind the phat booty bass

Please specify which one. HS1501 AL or HS1551 CU?

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #73 of 220
Just got my pair in. it sounds pretty different right from my phone vs from my amp.

From my amp, (just a cheap sunrise audio amp), it sounds quite a bit airier and the bass is less punchy, but the texture of the bass is great, which sounds better than it does right out of my phone where it sounds slightly darker
It keeps its sound signature of being warm with the main difference being that the instrumental separation is better, and the treble seem to sparkle a little more compared to having my phone as the output.
Vocais and mids sound a tinge clearer as well, not that they aren't clear directly out of my phone. Just a slight difference in my opinion.

From my phone (LG V20), it sounds less airy and more clumped together, sound is generally still warm, however, the bass is punchier and definitely takes more of a center stage compared to out of my amp.
Treble also seem to sparkle a little less and sound is generally more bassy compared to from the amp. Clarity and vocals are still great. However, instrumental separation definitely takes a hit compared to the sound coming out of my amp, generally because the sound stage sounds smaller from my phone.

Coming from the JVC HA-FX850s, I really like these. Seem like a pretty good upgrade in terms of clarity and sound stage compared to those. Sound signature is comparable and bass is equally punchy on both IEMs.

HS1501 AL or HS1551 CU?

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #75 of 220
Saw the pics really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back