Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
Apr 19, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #481 of 553
Just got to play with this dap today and wow am i amazed. This definitely is better overall than my fiio x7.

+
Slimmer form factor
Faster navigation
Very clean sound, spacious, very good prat
Wide screen
Superb battery life

-
Emi/rfi audible when wifi is on
Volume suddenly drops when volume rockers are pressed 2xs quickly

Might let go of my x7. Very happy with this purchase.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #482 of 553
help. i just purchased ar m20 brand new and noticed some issues. maybe im doing something wrong

1. i hear hiss and static noises when i move around the menu and when i listen to music. its predominant with sensitive iem like dm6 (I can't use it with this player.. i hear too much noise)

2. spotify seems to work but when i close the app. i lose all sound to my player and i have to reboot it to get it back. if i keep it open and switch between ar pro amd spotify the sound somehow decreases a lot .

this dap sounds pretty good but has quirks i hope someone can help me. or is my player defective

ive upgraded to 1.6

@AR-Voice. wondering if you can chime in
Had mine for about 4 months now (running ver 1.6) and did have problems with the sound when using Spotify (low volume levels, sudden high volumes when you pause and resume a track, loosing sound completely) . Latest version of Spotify doesn't even load. Got around the problem by loading up an older version of Spotify. The other thing that works for me is to close down Spotify before loading up the built in player, so both apps are not running together. Works well now and sounds great with quality headphones/earphones.

Apr 25, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #483 of 553
Had mine for about 4 months now (running ver 1.6) and did have problems with the sound when using Spotify (low volume levels, sudden high volumes when you pause and resume a track, loosing sound completely) . Latest version of Spotify doesn't even load. Got around the problem by loading up an older version of Spotify. The other thing that works for me is to close down Spotify before loading up the built in player, so both apps are not running together. Works well now and sounds great with quality headphones/earphones.

Thanks .i did the same .downloaded an earlier version (when they still has extreme quality as an option) of spotify and works well .

i still have hissing on spotify but not on the native pro player. i got ifi earbuddy to counter it .i really like it now too

do you have any hissing or interference noise?

May 8, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #486 of 553
the pro player is nice. besides the old Android. it's pretty snappy. what did you not like about it?

the stock AR music player after crashing on the first try worked ok, but only sorted the songs by album or artist. if sorting by artist it sorted all the songs in a single group alphabetically mixing albums together. hopefully AR music player pro is better.

any source for a case for it? it is going to be fingerprint magnet

May 8, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #487 of 553
the stock AR music player after crashing on the first try worked ok, but only sorted the songs by album or artist. if sorting by artist it sorted all the songs in a single group alphabetically mixing albums together. hopefully AR music player pro is better.

i gave up looking for one and just use the pouch it came with.

May 9, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #489 of 553

the upgrade was absolutely painless

the AR musicplayer pro is MUCH better....

May 9, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #492 of 553
What... .I can't believe I missed it!
I would totally buy AR M20 for $200..
do you guys think we'll be able to buy M20 for $199 again?
I bought a used Sony ZX1 for $170 a month ago. I'm not too happy with this purchase. I'd rather get M20 for $199.

the drop is closed at the moment but they sometimes seem to repeat these. go to the site and search for the m20 and hit request. you will get an email when it is available. again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back