Acoustic Research AR-H1 Planar Impressions and Discussion thread
Dec 4, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #226 of 383
Although I pointed out what I felt was wrong with Tylls infamous Eikon review,
I still like Tylls videos for interest I guess I just used to the guy he is fun to watch as well as Zreviews...

but YOU ARE THE BEST..
Your reviews are ALWAYS on point, clear and concise.
I can really get a feel of the headphone when I read your reviews.
Keep up the great work!
:)
whoah.:triportsad: I wish I was the best. But coming from you though, that means a lot so I will take it :beerchug:

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #227 of 383
The sad part is his "preferences" will negatively impact potential buyers with they're own preferences. This is generally why I prefer getting different impressions/reviews from a collective audience than just listen to just one person for a final judgement...
Yes. It is very important that everyone make their own choices based on their own preferences. Reviews should be a guideline only, in that you have to decide if that type of sound might potentially appeal.

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #228 of 383
I am thinking those with lower treble sensitivities will prefer this signature then.

Dec 5, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #231 of 383
Upper midrange droop seems to be common with a lot of planars.

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #232 of 383
4adbbf10.jpg

if they had told me that it was enough an old ipod to make the AR headset play divinely, I would never have believed ... someone can give one to Mr. Tyll?

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #234 of 383
I expect far more positive reviews to come in for the AR-H1 in the following weeks.

They should come to Romania, and I should get to hear one as well sometimes in the near future, but man, I am kinda looking forward to these. Not sure why, they have a positive vibe about them, something tells me that I might like them. Can't wait for them to arrive in Romania!

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #235 of 383
I expect far more positive reviews to come in for the AR-H1 in the following weeks.

They should come to Romania, and I should get to hear one as well sometimes in the near future, but man, I am kinda looking forward to these. Not sure why, they have a positive vibe about them, something tells me that I might like them. Can't wait for them to arrive in Romania!
Yeah. Haven't listened to them either. They are back-ordered so I have to wait for another 2-3 weeks. I like the comments about them being neutral in the review

Dec 14, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #237 of 383
Everything or almost everything (electronic, mechanical) benefit from breaking-in. Even a TV set, whatever the brand.

I becomes very obvious with a transparent setup. Cables made out of occ will generally have no low bass before 80 hours and even become harsh at around 20 hours.

The AKG K701 requires over 150 hours. The Meze 99 Classic needs over 100 hours. I expect at leat this amount for the AR-H1.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #238 of 383
Everything or almost everything (electronic, mechanical) benefit from breaking-in. Even a TV set, whatever the brand.

I becomes very obvious with a transparent setup. Cables made out of occ will generally have now low bass before 80 hours and even become harsh around 20 hours.

The AKG K701 requires over 150 hours. The Meze 99 Classic needs over 100 hours. I expect at leat this amount for the AR-H1.

I'll say it again, a display absolutely needs burn-in - but I have no idea how much it is felt in certain headphones.

Dec 14, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #239 of 383

I becomes very obvious with a transparent setup. Cables made out of occ will generally have now low bass before 80 hours and even become harsh around 20 hours.

I play a couple of psvane 845 we replica on my Viva Egoista and need over 3/400 hours to sounding at the top.

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #240 of 383
For what it's worth, the return policy is great. I tested mine a lot over the course of those 30 days, and they have suffered some bruises (in part because painted metal hinges and hard surfaces is not a good combination), yet I got notified of a full refund today. Very generous. The money hasn't appeared on my credit card yet, but I'm sure that happens soon.
So the only cost for me was shipping them from California to New York.

Edit: I should add that you have to call them to initiate the return. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, they had already left. I needed to wait a while on the phone, and it took a few hours to get the return authorization email after making the call. Would prefer an all electronic, less than five minute solution à la Amazon, but it worked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back