1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Acoustic Research AR-H1 Planar Impressions and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by crabdog, Jul 30, 2017.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last
  1. grizzlybeast
    whoah.:triportsad: I wish I was the best. But coming from you though, that means a lot so I will take it :beerchug:

2. Beagle
    Yes. It is very important that everyone make their own choices based on their own preferences. Reviews should be a guideline only, in that you have to decide if that type of sound might potentially appeal.

Karlg and cskippy like this.
  3. Maxx134
    I am thinking those with lower treble sensitivities will prefer this signature then.

4. crabdog
    I mentioned a treble peak in my review too. I'm wondering if anyone has tried any damping mods on it yet? I've been meaning to do some experimentation but been real busy and keep forgetting on top of that :p

5. mdtrx
    I believe there's quite a big shift in sound if you position the headphones wrong on your head. The headband should be at the top/back of your head for best sound. Or am I just imagining things...

nick n likes this.
  6. Beagle
    Upper midrange droop seems to be common with a lot of planars.

7. biscottino
    [​IMG]
    if they had told me that it was enough an old ipod to make the AR headset play divinely, I would never have believed ... someone can give one to Mr. Tyll?

trellus, Karlg and FredA like this.
  8. FredA
  9. Dobrescu George
    I expect far more positive reviews to come in for the AR-H1 in the following weeks.

They should come to Romania, and I should get to hear one as well sometimes in the near future, but man, I am kinda looking forward to these. Not sure why, they have a positive vibe about them, something tells me that I might like them. Can't wait for them to arrive in Romania!

10. FredA
    Yeah. Haven't listened to them either. They are back-ordered so I have to wait for another 2-3 weeks. I like the comments about them being neutral in the review

Karlg and Dobrescu George like this.
  11. biscottino
    It’s necessary make a burn in about 100 Hours.

12. FredA
    Everything or almost everything (electronic, mechanical) benefit from breaking-in. Even a TV set, whatever the brand.

I becomes very obvious with a transparent setup. Cables made out of occ will generally have no low bass before 80 hours and even become harsh at around 20 hours.

The AKG K701 requires over 150 hours. The Meze 99 Classic needs over 100 hours. I expect at leat this amount for the AR-H1.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  13. Dobrescu George
    I'll say it again, a display absolutely needs burn-in - but I have no idea how much it is felt in certain headphones.

14. biscottino
    I play a couple of psvane 845 we replica on my Viva Egoista and need over 3/400 hours to sounding at the top.

15. Alcophone
    For what it's worth, the return policy is great. I tested mine a lot over the course of those 30 days, and they have suffered some bruises (in part because painted metal hinges and hard surfaces is not a good combination), yet I got notified of a full refund today. Very generous. The money hasn't appeared on my credit card yet, but I'm sure that happens soon.
    So the only cost for me was shipping them from California to New York.

Edit: I should add that you have to call them to initiate the return. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, they had already left. I needed to wait a while on the phone, and it took a few hours to get the return authorization email after making the call. Would prefer an all electronic, less than five minute solution à la Amazon, but it worked.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Dobrescu George likes this.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last