Absolutely floored by my new amp - RSA Raptor w/ Tube Rolling Impressions
Dec 3, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #256 of 566
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]12BH7A Tungsol Black Plates[/size]
1 low noise tube $75) 12BH7A Tungsol Black Ribbed Plates NOS large "U" getter halo mid-1950's - perfect printing (best single)
1 low noise tube $65) 12BH7A Tungsol Black Ribbed Plates NOS large "O" getter halo 1963

www.TubeWorld.com

Mine is the "U" getter.
wink.gif
600smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its called rebranding. The tubes in the boxes were ALL branded TS but clearly were not all made by TS. So four tubes branded TS with one a GE, one RCA and two unknowns; very likely true TS tubes. Tube manufactuers frequently bought tubes from one another and stamped them with their name instead of the actual manufacturers name

You found a data sheet so TS did make them. I didnt find one so I wasnt sure. I had the seller actually look at the tubes. So, thinking you are getting a TS tube just because the box says TS is naive. TS clearly rebranded this tube although they did make the tube too. The real question is how many of what are out there. Are both of your tubes identical?

By the way, the buffon was the seller you mentioned in your posts.

So everything your saying is based on what Jim at VT said but he is the Buffoon? Im not sure I follow you. Also, I didnt buy a 12BH7A from Jim I merely posted that for everyone else.

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #257 of 566
Quote:

So everything your saying is based on what Jim at VT said but he is the Buffoon? Im not sure I follow you. Also, I didnt buy a 12BH7A from Jim I merely posted that for everyone else.

First, you called him a buffoon; not me. Why? Because you obviously were unaware of rebranding and apparently thought someone put the wrong tubes in a TS box.

Secondly, you stated Jim was selling these tubes. I called to ask if he still had them and he did. I also asked what the tubes looked like and he pulled out three different looking 12BH7 tubes branded TS .... out of four. That is a fact and what is there not to understand. Did TS rebrand tubes .... obviously yes.

The original point was did TS make the tube, now I know yes .... thanks for the link to the data sheet. However, what this still means is someone buying a TS 12bh7 can very well end up with something other than a true TS 12bh7 unless they know exactly what plate structure they are looking for. I asked you if both of your tubes are identical .... are they?

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #259 of 566
Quote:

Im not sure if this will help but here are some close ups of the tube I bought, I got this one on Ebay. I can tell you for a fact its not an RCA, sound is completely different.

tungsol12bh7a011qm8.jpg

tungsol12bh7a007tz6.jpg

The D getter is a long time TS feature you see on several of their tubes. I have been looking at these on ebay and there were two plate structures I had not seen before and this was one of them. Knowing now that TS actually did make the tube I bet this is a TS. I wish I could figure out who made the other blackplate type. Do you have a second TS?

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #261 of 566
The D getter is something I have seen on my older Tungsols. My old 6X4's and 5687's have them.

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #262 of 566
Quote:

Quote:

First, you called him a buffoon; not me. Why? Because you obviously were unaware of rebranding and apparently thought someone put the wrong tubes in a TS box.

I was referring to the people putting tubes in boxes when they were made. Jim took the tubes out of the boxes right?

Quote:

Secondly, you stated Jim was selling these tubes. I called to ask if he still had them and he did. I also asked what the tubes looked like and he pulled out three different looking 12BH7 tubes branded TS .... out of four. That is a fact and what is there not to understand. Did TS rebrand tubes .... obviously yes.

I know what re branding is, had you read the entire thread you would know this. I never said Tungsol never re branded a tube or even a 12BH7A. What I did say is Tungsol did indeed make a 12BH7A, as apposed to you saying it is another brand without having the facts straight. Did it occur to you that maybe they rebranded some tubes untill they were able to make their own? You think Jim got some tubes that were branded during that period of time when other brands were being re branded and that it is indeed possible to find ture Tungsol 12BH7A tubes?

Quote:

The original point was did TS make the tube, now I know yes .... thanks for the link to the data sheet. However, what this still means is someone buying a TS 12bh7 can very well end up with something other than a true TS 12bh7 unless they know exactly what plate structure they are looking for. I asked you if both of your tubes are identical .... are they?

Once again if you were reading the thread you would know that I bought one tube and you are asking me if both of them are the same.

Your pissing me off but I do want to say thanks for the recommendation on the GB-5687 Sylvanias w/gold pins, I think it was you, but they are fantastic.
smile.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #263 of 566
Did you get the gold pin Sylvanias on ebay? I was bidding on a pair.

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #264 of 566
Quote:

OB .... which one of these tubes looks like the one you own?

bb76_1.jpg

1d5f_1.jpg

Im not sure, can you tell from the pictures? I think mine is the first because does not have the ladder style, rather it simply has the three ridges. Let me guess, its a GE or some s**t.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #265 of 566
Quote:

Im not sure, can you tell from the pictures? I think mine is the first because does not have the ladder style, rather it simply has the three ridges. Let me guess, its a GE or some s**t.

I thought you bought one ebay tube and one somewhere else .... my mistake.

I think you have the real TS. I bought one of ebay and I think I got the second tube which seems to be a RCA blackplate.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #267 of 566
Quote:

I think your right because I took a picture of my RCA and it has the ladder.

tubes014tt8.jpg

Here is the pic I wanted to find. This one lets you see the tube straight on. I am sure the TS tubes are the three on the left. Now I finally feel confident I know what I am looking for as this tube has several distinctive features.

1126ray12bh7-3.jpg

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #268 of 566
Tungsol also normally had the mica touching all the way around.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #269 of 566
Hey SACD Lover, sorry about your tube. If you paid more than 10 bucks for that I would tell the guy who sold it to you to stick it. If it is an RCA though an you have some Peircing cans like the 701 it may come in handy. That photo reminds me, the halo on the TC is clearly visible because the plates are shorter. On the RCA it very hard to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back