Absolute best budget earbuds?
Aug 30, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #1,786 of 2,999
Luckily I'm only a recent Hifi'er :)

Soon to be you...

headphones-764866_960_720.jpg

Sep 1, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #1,787 of 2,999
Headroom MS16 arrived in what is probably record time for me at one week from order to my door. Still waiting on a headphone I ordered a week before that should arrive tomorrow. Bass is light as has been reported, even after a +12 db push to help it out it pretty much hits a balanced level. Some plucks of the guitar come off as very forward, pushed a bit ahead of male vocals on initial listen. Vocals are decently enjoyable, a little forward, but not heavily so. Might be a little bright in the treble but I haven't gotten to a good song for checking that yet. Ordered the new Qian69 at the same time, but it hasn't left China yet. Was really hoping it was that that arrived, but I have zero complaints with the MS16 so far. A bit light on the bass for my taste, but not bad. Beck sounds pretty great on it, although possibly a bit too energetic, as the instruments and vocals are all forward. Cable's a pretty shade of blue, which works with the silver color I picked. It's certainly an open design, too.

For this type of sound I tend to recommend the RX-1, which I've noticed has been getting a bit of talk again. Might order the RX-1S in the one color I don't have to complete the set, plus not that many good options for earbuds with mics. Gotta decide on that however before the sale ends.

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #1,790 of 2,999
I love all of those but vido gets most of my time

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #1,792 of 2,999
I received my Yincrow X6 few days ago and it's amazing for an earbud. It really does have sub bass, midrange is smooth and vocals are quite neutral and it never gets harsh/sibilant in highs.

If Vido is same soundwise, it really is a bargain.

Sep 14, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #1,793 of 2,999
I've just ordered the Vido for 3,41 EUR and that's with shipping. I simply couldn't resist this ridiculous price after I went through this topic in the last couple of days. At first I thought I should start with the VE Monk + but there are too many comments about their focus on the mids and lack of bass extension.

We'll see what happens when I put the Vido against my beloved Sennheiser MX470, which I'm enjoying for the last 4-5 years. There's not much comparison between champs from China and mainstream buds so I don't know what to expect. The Senns have everything for me - the sound, the fit, the durability and will be tough to beat. I'm hoping for the WOW moment from the Vido, but I doubt it, have to be honest..

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #1,794 of 2,999
I've just ordered the Vido for 3,41 EUR and that's with shipping. I simply couldn't resist this ridiculous price after I went through this topic in the last couple of days. At first I thought I should start with the VE Monk + but there are too many comments about their focus on the mids and lack of bass extension.

We'll see what happens when I put the Vido against my beloved Sennheiser MX470, which I'm enjoying for the last 4-5 years. There's not much comparison between champs from China and mainstream buds so I don't know what to expect. The Senns have everything for me - the sound, the fit, the durability and will be tough to beat. I'm hoping for the WOW moment from the Vido, but I doubt it, have to be honest..

You should also order the VE Monk+'s so that you get the thin foams which work very well with the Vido's imo (plus, monk+'s are fine buds in their own right).

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #1,795 of 2,999

VIDO have a thick and bass sound sig with more meat in the sound. MP foams strongly recommended, btw
P70915-060548-001.jpg

Sep 15, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #1,796 of 2,999
You should also order the VE Monk+'s so that you get the thin foams which work very well with the Vido's imo (plus, monk+'s are fine buds in their own right).
I am a slave to this game and I know I will end up with Monk+ sooner or later. :ksc75smile:

I have always used my earbuds with foams and I always have several pairs stockpiled. MX470 have small housings and they can be used comfortably with double foams, which also sweetens their sound. They're just simple black thin foams (not the original, those are long gone), but working well with MX470. Vido seem to be considerably bigger but I will cover them with foams too. I never liked and never used earbuds without foams.

That's a nice photo there, golov17. And an encouraging comment - I like meat and would't mind a bit more weight and fullness in sound.

Sep 15, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,797 of 2,999
That's a nice photo there, golov17. And an encouraging comment - I like meat and would't mind a bit more weight and fullness in sound.

Sounds good. If however you find the bass on the Vido's and normal foams to be a bit overpowering, please consider the monk+ thin foams (which makes the Vido's perfect for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back