Absolute best budget earbuds?
Aug 27, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #1,756 of 2,999
KZ ATR the best for the price. Around 5 USD on GearBest's flash sales.
SQ wise theres a lot budget earbud that can destroy any budget iem out there. But hey we're on earbud thread so we're bias..

Welcome. Check out the rave on budget vido eaebud.

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,758 of 2,999
Is this the Vido earbuds people here been raving about?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...ug-Earbud-Bass-HIFI-Earphone/32806045266.html

If it's not. Can someone link me them. My Philips she3800 just died :frowning2:. I was planning to get another pair of Monk+ but I enjoy something warmer and bassier. So I thought I ought to try out this Vido.
Yeah, it is. Keep in mind that no mic version has J cable, right side has longer cable that goes behind your neck. Really not a fan of it, but it's 4$ and you can'y really complain.

Aug 27, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #1,759 of 2,999
Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #1,760 of 2,999
Welcome. Check out the rave on budget vido eaebud.

Yes they are. Just buy Vido and never look back.

I don't like hyping gear.. unless it deserves it lol! I keep waiting to get bored of my vido's, but it ain't happening. Instead I continue to be very happy with them. Listening to some Steven Wilson's Regret #9 with the Vido's off of the $25 Walnut dap is VERY satisfying for me. Unreal how good stuff so cheap can sound!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #1,763 of 2,999
Looking to replace some Samsung stock earbuds that came with a Note 5.

Looking for something that will sound better for less than $15

Have (awesome):
Vido $5

Getting (probably awesome):
DIY MX500 $10

Have (very good, and smaller housings so good for falling asleep with):
Qian39 $5

I would also recommend getting the Monk+ package of thin foams (many including myself prefer them over other foams).

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #1,764 of 2,999
Have (awesome):
Vido $5

Getting (probably awesome):
DIY MX500 $10

Have (very good, and smaller housings so good for falling asleep with):
Qian39 $5

I would also recommend getting the Monk+ package of thin foams (many including myself prefer them over other foams).

Can't get the alixepress links to work. Says to log in. How to the vidos compare the monks?

Aug 28, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #1,765 of 2,999
So, any interesting deals so far people have found for the sale? The new Auglamour RX-1S is $22 which is a little tempting. I'm a little tempted to finally try the H185 for $8 too.

Aug 28, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #1,766 of 2,999
Can't get the alixepress links to work. Says to log in. How to the vidos compare the monks?

I prefer a bit more bass, and the vido's deliver that, which for me results in a more full bodied and satisfying sound. Having said that, the Monk+'s rock as well and I should have put them on my list.

Edit: btw, I think I fixed the links in my post.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #1,767 of 2,999
So which of these budget earbuds you suggest for symphonic metal and rock music? I'm thinking of TY Hi-Z 32 or 150 ohm versions.

Personally I'd go for the Vido, Monk or Seahf 32 or Seahf 150. The latter two are similar to the TY variants but I much prefer them, as I don't like too much treble or peaks in upper mids. All the above sound good to me, and I'm partial to a bit of power/symphonic metal (Sonata Arctica, Rage, Helloween, Delain) and classic rock.

Aug 28, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #1,768 of 2,999
Personally I'd go for the Vido, Monk or Seahf 32 or Seahf 150. The latter two are similar to the TY variants but I much prefer them, as I don't like too much treble or peaks in upper mids. All the above sound good to me, and I'm partial to a bit of power/symphonic metal (Sonata Arctica, Rage, Helloween, Delain) and classic rock.

Thank you for answering. How would you compare Vido to Seahf:s?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back