Absolute best budget earbuds?
Oct 4, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #91 of 2,999
  Pics? 
biggrin.gif

hm is it me or theres something about problem uploading pics

..oops there you go.

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #92 of 2,999
Anybody got the ty hi-z 32 ohm with L plug yet?

I did. I really like the bass with the thicker stock foams. Naked the detail definitely improves, but they are not very comfortable. Donuts are where it's at. For some reason they still are a little less comfortable than the Monks, but I think it's the thicker foam. For less than $5 shipped, they are a fantastic deal.

I am excited to hear that the sound signature is similar to the original VE Monk, as I was not able to get those in time. Am a big fan of Monk+ & would like to think that I can hear a similar sound of the original Monk through the TY HIZ 32.

I also got several pairs of the SHE3800 & was very pleasantly surprised. Very good sq & balance between highs & lows, but not excelling at any. Still very fun. I enjoy the Monk+ better for clarity, soundstage & separation, but these are a steal for less than $3 shipped from Fastech. Will definitely be my favorite stocking stuffer this year.

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #93 of 2,999

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MSD-Original-Earphones-Professional-In-Ear-Earphones-Super-Bass-Protable-Earphones-Stereo-Super-Clear-Headset-For/32707547507.html

MX500-shelled earbud. The picture advert appears to be alluding to it having similar sound quality as the Edifier. Thought it was worth a punt. Still on the slow boat.

(Using 2 thin foams per earbud.)
OOTB, sounded exactly like lo-fi earbuds that comes with cheap cellphones. No bass, no highs but cheery sounding mids.

3 hours burn-in - bass starting to wake up, but muffled. Plus a bit more sparkle in the highs as well.

16 hours: Muffled bass is reduced & spread wider. Bass hits are quite taut & strong. Can't hear lower bass rumble. Mids/voices reasonably forward & about just right to me. Treble still recessed & getting splashier, treble is no where near ready.

40 hours: Final report. Quite disappointed. Lower bass never showed up. Worse, mid/upper bass faded into the background. Treble is OK up to mid-treble, seems like it just drops off after 8khz. Mids were good, nice and foward. I rate it at best an above-average mid-fi earbud. The good midranges saved it a little.

So, that's all for the cheapest earbud that I have tested ($2.41). Now, back to the $5 dollars.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #95 of 2,999
Received SHE3800 today. Just took it off the burn-in machine, after 2 hours, to put on the foams.
Man! They're already rockin' pretty hard! Why can't all low budget cellphones come with something like this?
Plus it has the perfect size that fits my ears making a good sound seal. Which is rare for me.

Still going to "train" them for another day or so.

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #96 of 2,999
  Received SHE3800 today. Just took it off the burn-in machine, after 2 hours, to put on the foams.
Man! They're already rockin' pretty hard! Why can't all low budget cellphones come with something like this?
Plus it has the perfect size that fits my ears making a good sound seal. Which is rare for me.

My favt earbuds. These are Super fit for my ears and produces sound which is very musical for my tastes.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #97 of 2,999
Got my she3800 from luna shops for about 4 years ago and its still going as one of my most fav earbuds, coming from many totl headphones/iem/earbuds but i can say that im stil really happy with the 3800 :) everyone should try this miracle earbuds
Theres a fact that this 3800 is not a "real model" from philips brand since theres no such model name 3800 in ther line up, also this earbuds was also named sharp kcm on ebay

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #99 of 2,999

My favt earbuds. These are Super fit for my ears and produces sound which is very musical for my tastes.

They're not my favourites (not far away, though) but they are the most comfortable for me. Certainly everybody should try them.

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #100 of 2,999
  They're not my favourites (not far away, though) but they are the most comfortable for me. Certainly everybody should try them.

What got me was it started playing quite well almost from the beginning, hardly any burn-in needed. It's the perfect earbuds for Joe Public to buy and use immediately. It won't get left in the cellphone box for being sounding horrible, making Joe Public go buy some Beats. Great sounding earbuds that saves the environment as well.

EDIT: Just listened to SHE3800 after more 15 hours burn-in. Lots been written about it, so here's mine in less 160 characters:
"Staging? Warmth? Accuracy? Separation? Who the ****** cares! Just don't take them outta my ears! And never interrupt me when I'm bustin' a move!"

(Apologies for the potty-mouth & age-inappropriate dance moves)

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #101 of 2,999
just got my Mosidun BSB-08 earbuds also known as MSD Original Earphones Professional In-Ear Earphones Super Bass Protable Earphones Stereo Super Clear Headset For MobilePhone PC

First impression is that the cable is a bit thick and has a bit of memory to the wire, the earbuds don't have an indication of left and right, the plastic shell feels a bit different, also the front face of the earbud looks a bit different when compared to other mx500 shells

the sound is not bad out of the box, straight from my iphone 6s, with no foams, although it feels like there is something missing in the sound, maybe they might improve with some burn in,

they don't sound bad, though, I have had a few bad earbuds and these are not bad sounding at all, it just seems like something is missing, right out of the box

might do a follow-up impression in the future

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #102 of 2,999
Oct 17, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #103 of 2,999

No longer available at that seller.

Yes, please do a follow-up.

I'm burning them in now, but I wouldn't bother with these though, to be honest, the seller sold out after selling only 7? its kinda weird...

pretty sure there are many other earbuds that are better, like the ty hi-z hp32 or similar

I tried to upload these photos before, but for some reason I couldn't, just to show the cable which is kinda unusual for these earbuds

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #104 of 2,999
OK, thanks for the heads-up.

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #105 of 2,999
I've been enjoying the Sennheiser MX 680.

Refurbs down to $9 on Ebay - US. They have a really good build quality with kevlar cable, wheel that controls volume, etc.
When I first got them I thought they sounded tinny - but due to mental burn in or whatever, now love the sound. The high end/treble is analytical and sometimes not so forgiving. The sub bass won't please everybody. I wear then at night in bed - the volume control is nice since I listen at very low volume. And outdoors to have some music in the background when hanging out with people. I can hear everyone around and still hear the music. Also waterproof, so great for rainy days. I may have to get a third pair. They are not likable out of the box, but give it some time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back