Absolute best budget earbuds?
Sep 22, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #76 of 2,999
...received the Phillips SH300 yesterday evening....was a touch disappointed when I saw the J-cord and the quality of the cable, but am enjoying it. Turns out the J-cord is handy for knowing which bud is left and which is right in the dark, and isn't annoying on one side, since the cable, crappy though it may seem, is light enough not to drag. Not sure if this was intentional good industrial design, but I'll run with it :).

Sound signature is nice...good bass, clear highs that don't overshadow anything (so many buds are tinny and bass-lite). It's not as good as the Monk +, that still has a little more air to it, a little more of a natural sound. The Phillips still have a slightly tubby, boxy sound to their bass. Going to let them burn in for a while though. Not a waste of a few dollars, for sure.

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #77 of 2,999
lol recieved it today too, the sound is somewhere between monk+ and ty hiz 32. The other 2 are more clear though. agree with above impressions.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #78 of 2,999
I received the she3800 today. Very nice sounding but very dark sounding with included foam. Naked is quite ok too still lots of warmth but in the end monk+ foam fots the best sound wise

After 10 hours of intensive burn with music playing above average volume I can hear the potential. Highs not very extended but somehow their transition are superb

I'm going to recable this earbud because I have ponytail hair and J cable over neck is a hassle and normal usage are just weird.

People are praising these earbud after heavily modded. I wonder what exactly modders change besides the cable.

I think I'm gonna order more perhaps 2-3 more just for backup.

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #79 of 2,999
I'll be interested in the recabling, any chance of some 'how to' pics?

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #80 of 2,999
My SHE3800 came with a J cable which I put up with for a couple of days before I re-cabled. They sound okay, but when compared to the TY-HI Z there seems to be a curious bloating to the mids, and a lack of general lack of air and openness. In fact I find the TY preferable in every way

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #81 of 2,999
My SHE3800 came with a J cable which I put up with for a couple of days before I re-cabled. They sound okay, but when compared to the TY-HI Z there seems to be a curious bloating to the mids, and a lack of general lack of air and openness. In fact I find the TY preferable in every way

Not much different after recable? 

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #83 of 2,999
  Yeah, so far we are down to $3.14 cents for an awesome earbud (SHE3800)
I have one coming at $2.81 that I have middling hopes to beat that.

Sounds interesting, keep us in the loop!

Oct 1, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #84 of 2,999

Here you go. I got it here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MSD-Original-Earphones-Professional-In-Ear-Earphones-Super-Bass-Protable-Earphones-Stereo-Super-Clear-Headset-For/32707547507.html

MX500-shelled earbud. The picture advert appears to be alluding to it having similar sound quality as the Edifier. Thought it was worth a punt. Still on the slow boat.

Oct 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #85 of 2,999

Here you go. I got it here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MSD-Original-Earphones-Professional-In-Ear-Earphones-Super-Bass-Protable-Earphones-Stereo-Super-Clear-Headset-For/32707547507.html

MX500-shelled earbud. The picture advert appears to be alluding to it having similar sound quality as the Edifier. Thought it was worth a punt. Still on the slow boat.

Thanks, I await your verdict.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #86 of 2,999
My Vote for the Best Budget Earbud is the Vido:

Has the BEST bass of any earbud I have ever heard, with a surprising amount of detail.

Comes with a volume control and microphone version as well.

https://world.tmall.com/item/520985842535.htm?id=520985842535

It WAS my used earbud, well until my son got a hold of them and destroyed them.  I have another set on order:

--

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #87 of 2,999
  My Vote for the Best Budget Earbud is the Vido:

Has the BEST bass of any earbud I have ever heard, with a surprising amount of detail.

Comes with a volume control and microphone version as well.

https://world.tmall.com/item/520985842535.htm?id=520985842535

It WAS my used earbud, well until my son got a hold of them and destroyed them.  I have another set on order:

--

Just 1 stupid question :wink:.. do they ship with THE foam shown in picture? I think it's monk+ foam right?

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #89 of 2,999
I rework my mod for TY Hi-z 32 and now it sounded sooooo much better.. perhaps lots of burn in also help

instead of using rubber ring + full foam now I use old ve foam to create ring around the outer shell (glued using double sided tapes) and covered with full foam.. the space it ceate and the timbre and extensions is so much better and also fatigue free. the 4k bump no longer a problem (maybe burn in too).

enjoying Amber Rubarth album now 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #90 of 2,999
  I rework my mod for TY Hi-z 32 and now it sounded sooooo much better.. perhaps lots of burn in also help

instead of using rubber ring + full foam now I use old ve foam to create ring around the outer shell (glued using double sided tapes) and covered with full foam.. the space it ceate and the timbre and extensions is so much better and also fatigue free. the 4k bump no longer a problem (maybe burn in too).

enjoying Amber Rubarth album now 
ksc75smile.gif

Pics? 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back