Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 21, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #811 of 2,999
Mar 21, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #813 of 2,999

Not really - this is an earbuds thread...

Oh damn, I didn't even notice that.  All I saw was that it was inside the Portable Headphones, Earphone and IEM's category and I just saw "best budget" haha.  You, sir, are completely correct.

Not to worry. Hang around, there are some good things in here.

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #814 of 2,999

My favorite budget earbud.  Baldoor E100 drivers and front cover implanted in the Phillips SHE3800 shell/housing and recabled. Total prize around $15-18 + 20-30 min  of DIY add 5-10 minutes of thinking!.Very comfortable, easy to fit. A balanced, near neutral with a light forward mid range and overall a very impressive transparent sound added a large sound stage. Still experimenting with damping etc.

Did you purchase just the drivers separately or did you have to buy a complete set of the Baldoor buds?

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #819 of 2,999
Just wanted to mention the K300 since they are at 5$ off AE next week.

Probably a good starting point for peeps like me to get a higher impedence bud.

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #820 of 2,999
What's wrong with you guys? LOL.

As you know, I've bought over 10 ear buds... I have them laying on a table beside me. But, none of you are talking about the AWEI ES10M, which can be found on Ali for $2.45 U.S. in white or black right now. 

Out of the box without burn in, I like these better than some of the $10 U.S. ear buds like K's 64 ohm.

Keep your ears and eyes open for AWEI products!

They are an amazing HIFI sound gang!

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #821 of 2,999
LaughMoreDaily i just received them this week and i have to agree with u on the SQ. Pretty amazing for the price but it has its issues too. It is a 16mm driver if i am not mistaken hence fit issue is one thing.

The other issue is that the cables and housing are really bad tbh. But i can see the potential of recabling and switching housing which makes this bud interesting.

PS: I ever read that awei's goods (head, earphone and IEM) have durability problems. For buds at least we still can keep the driver and housing to be reused

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #822 of 2,999
@LaughMoreDaily i just received them this week and i have to agree with u on the SQ. Pretty amazing for the price but it has its issues too. It is a 16mm driver if i am not mistaken hence fit issue is one thing.

The other issue is that the cables and housing are really bad tbh. But i can see the potential of recabling and switching housing which makes this bud interesting.

PS: I ever read that awei's goods (head, earphone and IEM) have durability problems. For buds at least we still can keep the driver and housing to be reused

You're right, they're for big eared people only. I'm not sure what's wrong with the cable and housing? I like the housing myself. It seems thick and durable.Durability might be a problem, I guess we'll find out, cause I know we'll both use these a lot. :wink:  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back