Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 27, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #841 of 2,999
  I bet you're wondering, who was that crazy guy to buy 15+ pairs of budget ear buds on Ali? It's me. Can you guess what my favorite pair is to date? IT'S BUDGET!

AWEI ES10, at around $3 U.S. It's probably as killer as that Vido people are talking about.

It sounds clear and outstanding on a Benjie S5 but grainy and vintage on a Colorfly C3. 

It's amazing how both sources interpret the ear bud itself, changing the flavor in how they see it.

It sounds amazing on both sources! Let us know how good it sounds on your source.

Just ordered. Better be worth $3! 
wink.gif

Now to forget about them for a few months while they are in transit...

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #843 of 2,999
Are you saying that out of all the budget earbuds you've bought lately, the AWEI is the best sounding in your opinion? Or are you saying it's the best bang-for-buck value at $3?

A few days ago you were saying the HE 150 was the best (which also happens to cost 4-5 times more)...

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #844 of 2,999
  They are great. Don't worry so much. :wink: I'm not a snake oil salesman. I would use these buds as my everyday sound bromance. 

I AM a snake oil salesman and I resent the inference. You have no idea how difficult it is to get those snakes to give oil. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #845 of 2,999
  Are you saying that out of all the budget earbuds you've bought lately, the AWEI is the best sounding in your opinion? Or are you saying it's the best bang-for-buck value at $3?

A few days ago you were saying the HE 150 was the best (which also happens to cost 4-5 times more)...

Good question, I think for most people the AWEI ES10 would be good enough. If they love a vintage sound, especially. I prefer that sound, so the HE 150 would be my second choice. However, the 150 are a more high-end headphone, with no vintage sound.

With that being said, I wish I only bought these two headphones for $20, and not $200.00 worth of 15 random Chifi headphones.

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #846 of 2,999
  Good question, I think for most people the AWEI ES10 would be good enough. If they love a vintage sound, especially. I prefer that sound, so the HE 150 would be my second choice. However, the 150 are a more high-end headphone, with no vintage sound.

With that being said, I wish I only bought these two headphones for $20, and not $200.00 worth of 15 random Chifi headphones.

Don't give up on your 15 earbuds. I have around 15 of them too and I force myself to rotate them based on source and kind of music I'm into in a given moment. I find Qian25 awesome with Benjie S5, TY32 directly from my PC/Conexant DAC, RY4S with electronic music, Monk+ with classical music, and even PT15 is great with acoustic guitar. Right now I'm using a Indeed G2 tube amp with my Monoprice 8323 and thinking what will be the best earbud to try it later.

I do enjoy this mix and match game
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #848 of 2,999

Don't give up on your 15 earbuds. I have around 15 of them too and I force myself to rotate them based on source and kind of music I'm into in a given moment. I find Qian25 awesome with Benjie S5, TY32 directly from my PC/Conexant DAC, RY4S with electronic music, Monk+ with classical music, and even PT15 is great with acoustic guitar. Right now I'm using a Indeed G2 tube amp with my Monoprice 8323 and thinking what will be the best earbud to try it later.

I do enjoy this mix and match game
smily_headphones1.gif

I will do that as well, but not to that degree. I will be selling some of my earphones because I can't just let them sit in a drawer waiting to be used only once a week. I'll be keeping the ones that work best for my source: Colorfly C3. I won't be using my S5 much, but that's awesome for you to keep them all. That's an exciting way to live. Maybe have one pair for a certain day and switch them the next day. Cool.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #849 of 2,999

AWEI ES10, at around $3 U.S. It's probably as killer as that Vido people are talking about.

It sounds clear and outstanding on a Benjie S5 but grainy and vintage on a Colorfly C3.

Is this the clearest sounding budget one you've had? Does it still have enough bass and avoid silibance? Monk is almost perfect for me but just a bit silibant still and wouldn't mind if it was a bit clearer like my old PK3 (that one had poor bass though).

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #852 of 2,999
I just tried Yinman 64. Very mid centric. better than monks, but not as good as other options (see my profile for my current pics). I recommend ty 32 or faaeal 32 as better options in the around $5 mark. The bass is not particularly good on these (unlike ty 32, though on the Yinman 64 the mid bass ain't bad, well represented) but highs don't seem to sparkle or as crisp as i like either. All that said, i think prefer them to monk plus.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #853 of 2,999
After getting qian25, its my recommendation for budget earbud now. For my friends that think monk+ too dry at least. the air in monk+ is superior though.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #854 of 2,999
  Just received the Awei ES10M (not sure if any difference from the ES10) and I am very disappointed with them. Plasticy mids, no depth at all, veiled.

It's hard for me to read your description, as they sound great to me. You must have more articulate ears. It terms of the soundstage and depth, out of the box, it sounds way better than others. The clarity isn't there of course, but they sound very dynamic, like a speaker that has been sitting in a restaurant since the 70's.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #855 of 2,999
It's hard for me to read your description, as they sound great to me. You must have more articulate ears. It terms of the soundstage and depth, out of the box, it sounds way better than others. The clarity isn't there of course, but they sound very dynamic, like a speaker that has been sitting in a restaurant since the 70's.

I may have to get these just out of interest. I did order them once but they arrived broke, and for the price I was too lazy to even report it! (Off topic, Awei do really decent cheap-ish Bluetooth earphones by the way)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back