Absolute best budget earbuds?
Apr 2, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #872 of 2,999
More info from Shenzhen Aiweike Technology Co.,Ltd, this is exactly what I was told in an e-mail:

The difference between the three:
HE150: common cable ,so will cause not good sounds as TY-150 and seahf-150
SEAHF 150 : better bass than TY-150
TY 150: better midrange,better vocal

they share the same drive,but different assemble method makes different sounds

That's it :) Gonna order those SEAHF 32 and 150 now, but I honestly don't expect too much a difference from TY-150 and 32 (which i have and love currently)

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #874 of 2,999

There are apparently a couple of "standard" earbud shell sizes, and I'm with you - finding that the Qian39 is a comfortable size for my ears.

I've had others on here mention that the Shozy BK is another smaller sized earbud - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Shozy-BK-High-Fidelity-Quality-Audiophile-Earphone-Earbuds/32761532509.html

Thanks for the tip they´re a bit more than I was looking to spend but I will keep them in mind, my collection isn´t extense by any means (Senn HD 598, Koss KSC 75, Piston V3, Monk and Qian 39) but I find myself reaching for the Qian almost 90% of the time, I just bought a headband for the Koss so that might change but I think I´ve contracted an incurable case of Bud Fever. The funny thing is I would´ve never considered earbuds until I read a thread about the Monk and had to try them out, now I´m thinking of upgrades in terms of buds instead of over-ear so your recommendation and any other is very welcome.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #875 of 2,999
  That's sad to hear about the HE150, oh well. I like it.

But consider that the most expensive "audiophile" speaker cable is no better than using indexpensive lamp cord for most home audio systems.

In a blind test thin earbud cables may not be aesthetically pleasing, but I'd bet money that in a blind listening test nobody can tell the difference. A weak point, as has been pointed out, is the thin wire that is soldered to the earbud driver. If it is very thin (thinner than the rest of the cable), it could likely reduce the sound quality. A cable is only as good as the weakest link.

I have no idea how the HE150 compares, but you can't judge an earbud by the cable.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #876 of 2,999
I just ordered a Qian25, Monk+, SeaHF32s, TY HI-Z 32.
I'm wondering how these budget buds will perform against more expensive gears in my inventory, say, AK-JH Michelle or Alessandro MS1i.
Does the earbud form factor allow a more efficient design which make them budget buds sound better than their peers do (headphones, IEMs) at the same/ above price point?

And as my preferred genres are rock, metal, which of these buds will suit my genres the best (I like punching bass, clear and forward mids, but dont give a damn about treble)

PS. I only order ones with low impedance (max 32 ohms) bc I play it straight from iPhone hp jack
I'm waiting for your impression then.

However someone here (or maybe in earbud roundup thread) who post about how he love ty hi-z 320 ohm specifically for metal and I can vouch for that. Ty 320 is not budget though. But his smaller sibling ty 32 sound almost same as 320 to untrained ears when amped. 320 is better of course. worth the extra money but need amp.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #877 of 2,999

I just ordered a Qian25, Monk+, SeaHF32s, TY HI-Z 32.
I'm wondering how these budget buds will perform against more expensive gears in my inventory, say, AK-JH Michelle or Alessandro MS1i.
Does the earbud form factor allow a more efficient design which make them budget buds sound better than their peers do (headphones, IEMs) at the same/ above price point?

And as my preferred genres are rock, metal, which of these buds will suit my genres the best (I like punching bass, clear and forward mids, but dont give a damn about treble)

PS. I only order ones with low impedance (max 32 ohms) bc I play it straight from iPhone hp jack

I'm waiting for your impression then.

However someone here (or maybe in earbud roundup thread) who post about how he love ty hi-z 320 ohm specifically for metal and I can vouch for that. Ty 320 is not budget though. But his smaller sibling ty 32 sound almost same as 320 to untrained ears when amped. 320 is better of course. worth the extra money but need amp.

Are you saying that the TY HI-Z 32 is a step above other budget earbuds? I own some of the budget usual suspects - Monk+, **** PT15, Philips SHE3800 (recabled), Qian25, Qian39, Sony 808+, and K's 64 silver. I've found that most of them are pretty good, but none are good all rounders. 

I think what many of us a looking for is a mid-budget earbud ($30 to $50 perhaps) that is clearly better than budget buds. The closest that I've found is the Blox B160, but that is a big fail in the sub bass department.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #879 of 2,999
  Not sure if the people here still care, but it seems that the  brands "seahf" "TY-Hiz" "colarad" "HE" are all "made" and "Created" by the same company Shenzhen Aiweike Technology Co.,Ltd. One of their representatives reached out on the facebook group. No definitive answer on wether or not the 150-ohm's (or other equivalent ohm buds across brands) are the same or if not to what degree they differ or how, but this information mixed with reports from others to me seems to indicate they are likely similar at least (of course always open to have my mind changed). FYI, he also posted his email in the group (i wont repost it here without permission).

This is very good information. Thanks!

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #880 of 2,999
The talk about this shenzen aiweike is rather funny. I Google the name and result shows 2 recent review of seahf / ty earbud with model name I never heard before - here on head-fi. Maybe seahf / bug guy are building their presence in international audiophile community like VE?

Edit.

Maybe they also will start sponsoring head-fi?

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #883 of 2,999

https://www.fasttech.com/product/4955301-authentic-uiisii-u2-in-ear-earphones   I do not have these but they meet the budget, flat cable, Mic criteria.

Yeah. I noticed that but not sure how good they are? I think no one has bought them so far hence I am not able to get any review or comparison at all.

Somebody has to be the first on here - why not you in this case? Then you can share your views to benefit others.

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #884 of 2,999
Are you saying that the TY HI-Z 32 is a step above other budget earbuds? I own some of the budget usual suspects - Monk+, **** PT15, Philips SHE3800 (recabled), Qian25, Qian39, Sony 808+, and K's 64 silver. I've found that most of them are pretty good, but none are good all rounders. 

I think what many of us a looking for is a mid-budget earbud ($30 to $50 perhaps) that is clearly better than budget buds. The closest that I've found is the Blox B160, but that is a big fail in the sub bass department.
id say it's a matter of preference. However on many occasion I gave my friends (not much trained ears but does listen to lots of music using crap iem) a test. Ty 32 and ty 320, both amped using my 02. I carefully volume matched them by ears myself before handing to them and let them decide. Most of them says there's not much different. For people who doesn't know where to look or not experience enough the signature of both fools them. heck I even myself forgot that I listen to 32 for a while thinking I'm listening to 320. Only on certain songs that I realized I'm actually listening to 32. If you're focus its easy to differentiate them depending on depth and resolution. Unamped 32 vs amped 320 there's no contest though. Amped 32 reduce some 6k peak and open up the sound even more imo. These 6k highs usually bothers people who love monk +

I'm listening to my ty 32 on my desktop setup as I'm writing this.

Oh one more thing I can't really call my 32 nor 320 all rounder. still looking I guess. But as long as it can be amped with my setup then it's all good. my other budget earbud does not scale much as my 32 or monk+. 32 can handle abuse of amp to squeeze til last drop of its potential despite being 32 ohm. Even when I dial my amp up to high gain (3.3x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back