Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 17, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #781 of 2,999
How do you know if your phone can handle 150 Ohm? I'm interested in trying the HE 150 but my two listening devices are an original gen Moto G with Viper4Android and an iPod nano 7thG.
well I'm just guessing coz it can handle my ty 320 albeit not so lively at full volume. using my old phone SGS as DAP with unlocked extra 5db.

But my daily phone redmi note 3 pro can't handle it for sure. It can't even handle monk+ at 64ohm properly.

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #782 of 2,999
End Game Budget Earbud?  Well for me, it is the Vido hands down.

I've been fortunate to try quite a lot of low priced earbuds.  I enjoy many of them a great deal, but my personal favorite is the Vido.

It has an energy to it that is hard to describe, even for me, someone who does a lot of reviews.  I will say the bass is the best of any budget earbud, not just in quantity, but in quality.  I would say the sound is U shaped, mids are not it forte, but I still love the natural and smooth vocals.  Treble rolls off early, without giving up too much detail.  I love the the Vido for its longevity of use.

The only issue is that unless you have direct access to Taobao, they are hard to find.  Now with increasing regulation from China, finding them is getting harder.  Also, I've received a few duds, so if you can order them, makes sure to get a bunch of them just in case a few do not work.

Not only is the Vido my top budget earbud, but it is one of my most used and one of my favorites overall.

*Side note, I pair it a lot with my Samsung Tab 3 (8") and I must say they sound great together. 

--

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #785 of 2,999

My favorite budget earbud.  Baldoor E100 drivers and front cover implanted in the Phillips SHE3800 shell/housing and recabled. Total prize around $15-18 + 20-30 min  of DIY add 5-10 minutes of thinking!.Very comfortable, easy to fit. A balanced, near neutral with a light forward mid range and overall a very impressive transparent sound added a large sound stage. Still experimenting with damping etc.

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #786 of 2,999
Mar 18, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #787 of 2,999
I'm working on getting a bigger store to carry the Vido.  I will post up right away if I can complete the request. 

--
thanks for your effort. I've been hesitating vido for quite some time because I have no experience using agent and no seller on taobao send direct to SEA. Few others do but unfortunately not vido. Hopefully the price don't increase much.

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #791 of 2,999
Is it possible to get very good sounding IEM's at the $10 price point?

I love my earbuds but I want some noise isolation for the road. 

I find the UiiSii HM7 to be really good and much more engaging than the KZ ATE and ATR. I dont have the ED9 which has changeable filters but i heard it has some sibilant issues.

Not sure abt other IEM but hope the other guys can give u some insights like MisterMudd's suggestion

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #792 of 2,999
For example, this model:
http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_533515.html

Damn, u got me wanting to get one of it as i sold it previously. Still kinda miss its signature if not for the incompatibility with the Walnut and the Zishan (not as much but it sounded the best with the Benjie S5 which i seldom use).

Its 2 dollars cheaper now omg, % wise for this is like close to 20%! Those savings! But a hit to my savings at the same time T.T

Tough call on either savings or savings lol

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #793 of 2,999
I find the UiiSii HM7 to be really good and much more engaging than the KZ ATE and ATR.

I'm really looking forward to these... everyone is repping them really high. I'm surprised that's possible for $6 US. Is that even possible!? I will find out soon and so will you all! 

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #795 of 2,999
I'm working on getting a bigger store to carry the Vido.  I will post up right away if I can complete the request. 

--

My only worry is what you said about the variable QC, as it stops being a budget earbuds if you have to buy 3 to get one working. Would almost want the seller doing their own QC to make sure the stock they are getting is ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back