Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 16, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #767 of 2,999
@fairx Though the Ty32v1 are laid back in feeling and perhaps the mids are a little bit recessed in those, I didn't feel it as much as I did in HE150. I wouldn't list it as a weakness of the Ty32v1, while I would (unEQ'd) of the HE150. Another member here sent me a message commenting on my experiences of the HE150 that he thought it may be using a certain BugBro's 150ohm drivers which supposed to be decent, and that multiple 'brands' are using these drivers in a 150ohm model.

He sent me this link of the Seahf 150 ohm where I read this as a user feedback on AliExpress: 'Top notch earbud, bass going very deep for this price level, large sounstage, balanced sound although the mids are slightly recessed. All in all, highly recommendable.' I could use the exact description for HE150, so maybe there is truth to his observation / impression !?

Like I said I'll probably buy at least one spare for HE150 and one for my brother but that's only because I have verified that I like these myself, which is why I'm not too keen to take the plunge on others right now. I'm quite satisfied in terms of buds I have now which is a reassuring feeling :wink: . Like I said before, I do also like the connecting plug on the HE150 and the included pouch for those 14$ is also really good. Looking forward to see how you guys like the HE150 though (ánd ofcourse other buds in general, I know I'll be keeping my eyes on the 150 ohm 'still budget' range... BTW I got the HE150's from Penon here :wink: .

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #768 of 2,999
  @fairx Though the Ty32v1 are laid back in feeling and perhaps the mids are a little bit recessed in those, I didn't feel it as much as I did in HE150. I wouldn't list it as a weakness of the Ty32v1, while I would (unEQ'd) of the HE150. Another member here sent me a message commenting on my experiences of the HE150 that he thought it may be using a certain BugBro's 150ohm drivers which supposed to be decent, and that multiple 'brands' are using these drivers in a 150ohm model.

He sent me this link of the Seahf 150 ohm where I read this as a user feedback on AliExpress: 'Top notch earbud, bass going very deep for this price level, large sounstage, balanced sound although the mids are slightly recessed. All in all, highly recommendable.' I could use the exact description for HE150, so maybe there is truth to his observation / impression !?

Like I said I'll probably buy at least one spare for HE150 and one for my brother but that's only because I have verified that I like these myself, which is why I'm not too keen to take the plunge on others right now. I'm quite satisfied in terms of buds I have now which is a reassuring feeling :wink: . Like I said before, I do also like the connecting plug on the HE150 and the included pouch for those 14$ is also really good. Looking forward to see how you guys like the HE150 though (ánd ofcourse other buds in general, I know I'll be keeping my eyes on the 150 ohm 'still budget' range... BTW I got the HE150's from Penon here :wink: .

@fairx ordered my Seahf 150 in Dec 2016 from link above ($23.73 then). Two days back i re-ordered same for my nephew. However I just noticed from photos of the listings that the plug (and y-junction) has changed (now its plastic covered - no longer metal). I just hope this will not affect the sound quality and durability - the original Seahf cable and plug were great though.

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #769 of 2,999
is it more forward than k's 64, and, how's bass compared to your other buds?

On a road trip...listening while driving..

Fleetwood mac - dreams
Ty hz 32 - bass and drums nice and soft, hits the low bouncy end of bass notes, not bright

Faaeal 32 - more mid bass, not so low, more quality in bass than 32 but not hitting quite as low, clearer throughout, forwardish but not extreme, i believe separation overall, more euphoric, full, than 32, because it has the whole frequency dancing

Ty hp 150- bass is not quite as strong in sub as 32, but it is good , and strong in reg bass, soundstage or space far greater (not as forward), its git some nice crispy or clear highs but overall smooth, so i think the complexity of bass, mid, and highs having different textures (b-full and strong, m-smooth and recessed, h -crisp clear) and no so linearly is creating its nuance. I cant get it as loud on my iphone as i want, but its very sufficient.

Off memory, the hp150 is not as forward or mid focused as k64, difficult to characterize bass without it in front of me, off memory ill say about the same but 150 is better, 150 wider soundstage.

By the way,,

So are we saying that he150, hp150, and seahf 150 are all more or less the same??
Bloodypenguin or else person comment?

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #770 of 2,999
No I just said (because I've been vocal about HE150 for a while trying to get people to try them out) that someone contacted me linking Seahf150, and mentioning that he thought maybe the same drivers were used in both (BugBro's 150 ohm drivers ?) . I then checked out Seahf150 on AliExpress, and found one guy from France describe the Seahf150 pretty much exactly as I would the HE150. No idea on the Ty HP150 though, but I read somewhere that it was a more midcentric bud in comparison. This is hearsay however, I have never heard them myself. Your description of HP150 makes me think it might be true, as HE150 has much better bass & subbass than TY Hi-Z HP32 (v1) - better extension, more impact / faster, and more detail / control, and you said . Also more total amplitude till distortion sets in. Who knows, perhaps it's the same driver but tuned differently? 

Mar 17, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #776 of 2,999

During a short listening session the other evening, I found that the Qian25 definitely has more Bass impact than the Qian39, but the Qian39 seems to have better Midrange clarity (I suppose because its sound is a bit more forward, due to having less Bass).

Same impression. Qian39 are not as bass heavy as the Qian25. Qian25 is the winner between the two in my opinion.

On another note, I have just received RY04 and RY4S. Testing RY04 right now, damn it's a beautiful earphone aesthetically. Sound is definitely mids centered, bass is present but not dominant, they lack a bit on highs quantity and that makes it a relaxing earphone overall. Burning it in before moving onto the RY4S 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #777 of 2,999
Well. All these talk about 150 ohms made really gets me. I want upgrade from my ty32 but stil portable. I belive my phone can handle 150 ohm well. She3800 is good for outside use. so does qian39. Just that I never own any 150 ohms

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #780 of 2,999
Speaking of Benjie, I'm debating between two of their new daps. There's the updated K9S, and the T6 which has bidirectional BT. I really hope they come with the same earbud as the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back