Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 18, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #796 of 2,999
My only worry is what you said about the variable QC, as it stops being a budget earbuds if you have to buy 3 to get one working. Would almost want the seller doing their own QC to make sure the stock they are getting is ok

I agree.  But with a bigger seller, if there was a problem, you could get your money refunded.  The way it is now, buying from Taobao, if you get a dud, you are out of luck.

--

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #797 of 2,999
LaughMoreDailyTo.M
One user from my local forum did said its abit too bright tho i am ok with them (treble insensitive lol). I find the build quality is neat too with nice cables.

Waiting for ur impressions!

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #798 of 2,999
Hey, just another request, if anyone has a SEAHF 150, yinman 150 , or HE 150 and feel comfortable with opening up the driver (on mine it is not a destructive thing to do) and wants to take a pic it would be good, it would be good to clear up wether or not these are the same or at least use the same drivers. (Im debating buying another one , i have the ty hi z tp 150). cheers!

Mar 19, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #799 of 2,999
  Hey, just another request, if anyone has a SEAHF 150, yinman 150 , or HE 150 and feel comfortable with opening up the driver (on mine it is not a destructive thing to do) and wants to take a pic it would be good, it would be good to clear up wether or not these are the same or at least use the same drivers. (Im debating buying another one , i have the ty hi z tp 150). cheers!

It might be just easier for a well-off member to buy them all. :) If someone cracks open the headphone can it be easily put back together.

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #800 of 2,999
  It might be just easier for a well-off member to buy them all. :) If someone cracks open the headphone can it be easily put back together.

Depends ont he bud, some are glued on, some lightly almost as if not glued, some heavily and in those cases i would not recommend opening.  And even if not glued on, like my hp150's , you could of course damage it. I feel comfortable opening them up and can solder if I need to (though I don't even feel a threat of the wires breaking) but if someone isn't comfortable with that then of course , use your own discretion.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #801 of 2,999
I was using these nokia hs-45's and remembered that I had some silicone covers that I had bought a while back and thought that these might be easier to fit since they are smaller than usual earbuds

I tried them on and feared that they would sound muddy like when I tried them on monk +, but surprisingly they sound quite clear

I measured the pink noise frequency and saw that they measure like most of my in ear, a flat graph from low to about 8Khz then a steep decline

I thought iems were tuned at the factory not to have much treble, since being too close to the eardrum, maybe perhaps it's due to the closed design of iems

I left the 3 holes at the back open, it's like an open iem that doesn't seal

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #802 of 2,999
I was using these nokia hs-45's and remembered that I had some silicone covers that I had bought a while back and thought that these might be easier to fit since they are smaller than usual earbuds

I tried them on and feared that they would sound muddy like when I tried them on monk +, but surprisingly they sound quite clear

I measured the pink noise frequency and saw that they measure like most of my in ear, a flat graph from low to about 8Khz then a steep decline

I thought iems were tuned at the factory not to have much treble, since being too close to the eardrum, maybe perhaps it's due to the closed design of iems

I left the 3 holes at the back open, it's like an open iem that doesn't seal
nice idea. I have couple of Nokia earbud at home and confirm they have silicon ring. Will try when I get back to home today

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #803 of 2,999
nice idea. I have couple of Nokia earbud at home and confirm they have silicon ring. Will try when I get back to home today

I took the ring off to put on the silicone cover on, I forgot to put the link for them on the previous post

maybe I could of put them on without taking the ring off, but it seemed to be more better without them

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #804 of 2,999
I took the ring off to put on the silicone cover on, I forgot to put the link for them on the previous post

maybe I could of put them on without taking the ring off, but it seemed to be more better without them
actually i pull out the ring on Nokia and put it on my qian. Just enough to add some tightness. The VE rubber ring just too thick. But thanks for the link. Interesting. Might usi it with mid centric earbud. And the price is lower than actual rubber rings sold online.

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #805 of 2,999
It depends on what you want I think.  Personally I am loving the KZ ZST.  But if you want a bigger or a name brand, I'd go for any of the older Klipsch's.  They can sell for a pretty low price for their older models.  Or if you can find old UE models too.

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #806 of 2,999
  It depends on what you want I think.  Personally I am loving the KZ ZST.  But if you want a bigger or a name brand, I'd go for any of the older Klipsch's.  They can sell for a pretty low price for their older models.  Or if you can find old UE models too.

I was about to buy the ZSTs but stopped because people say they have a high Treble problem. I don't like harsh tones. :frowning2:

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #808 of 2,999

I was about to buy the ZSTs but stopped because people say they have a high Treble problem. I don't like harsh tones. :frowning2:

Here is a good place to discuss KZ iems:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back