Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 9, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #2,236 of 2,999
i'm thinking of purchasing Monk Lite silver white SPC 120ohm for $20. are there any better earbuds around with similar price tag? preferably 2017 or newer that i can find on aliexpress. i was reading some news about Monk Omega that Lee posted on FB, but i'm not sure if its price bracket will be like Monk's or ASURA / ZEN's.

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #2,237 of 2,999
i'm thinking of purchasing Monk Lite silver white SPC 120ohm for $20. are there any better earbuds around with similar price tag? preferably 2017 or newer that i can find on aliexpress. i was reading some news about Monk Omega that Lee posted on FB, but i'm not sure if its price bracket will be like Monk's or ASURA / ZEN's.
I have one arriving very soon so I cannot say I know the answer yet but judging from impressions and such I think there’s slightly better to be had under or around $20. The consensus seems to be they are good but not amazing or else everyone would be hyping them up.

To name a few popular ones

- Auglamour RX1
- EMX(S)500
- Moondrop Nameless
- seahf F150C
- **** PT 15
- MX760 Graphene

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #2,238 of 2,999
Really enjoy mine. I've been wearing buds sideways, but this is really muddy that way. However when worn the regular way they are excellent for the price.

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #2,239 of 2,999
Really enjoy mine. I've been wearing buds sideways, but this is really muddy that way. However when worn the regular way they are excellent for the price.
Well more opinions like this please, I want to be blow away by mine :)

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #2,240 of 2,999

If you enjoy VCLAN then you will enjoy these.

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #2,241 of 2,999

I have the monk lite 120's for $6 (+ shipping). Are those the "SPC" version? Either way, mine are "amazing" :)

They do benefit from amping, but I am also really enjoying them off of the Radsone ES100 (just had to throw that in lol).

Mar 9, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #2,242 of 2,999
I have the monk lite 120's for $6 (+ shipping). Are those the "SPC" version? Either way, mine are "amazing" :)

They do benefit from amping, but I am also really enjoying them off of the Radsone ES100 (just had to throw that in lol).

The $6 version is the Standard version with the plain white cable. The SPC version is the $20 one with the silver colored SPC cable...plus you get a case and an ex pack.

I love mine and was excited to be able to get the standard version as that is the one that is limited...sort of.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #2,243 of 2,999
something even better would be to do this https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-1835#post-13996708

as shown in the picture, then apply just one full foam over it. To give perfect seal for bass and perfect transparency for treble and detail.

I think the auglamour RX1 is an amazing driver but lacks treble extension and crisp airy treble, which is sad because it would be amazing if it had that, but this mod may bring out some of that, I did something like this with my BS1 and worr them overear (RX1 doesn't need to be worn over ear afaik for best SQ) and the difference was incredible.

I’m gonna try that with my rx1 now and see how it sounds.
my ideal signature as u knew is empahsis on sparkle and sub bass.. i am willing to sacrifice a bit of forward mids..

Mar 11, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #2,244 of 2,999
I have one arriving very soon so I cannot say I know the answer yet but judging from impressions and such I think there’s slightly better to be had under or around $20. The consensus seems to be they are good but not amazing or else everyone would be hyping them up.

To name a few popular ones

- Auglamour RX1
- EMX(S)500
- Moondrop Nameless
- seahf F150C
- **** PT 15
- MX760 Graphene

i've been reading this thread a bit and apparently MX760 graphene are better than EMX500? is the cheaper version supposed to be the older model?
I always tend to damage the cable (in few months time) either near the jack or earphone housing and i see **** PT 15 has MMCX replacable cable just like my **** 4in1, but are they better built than metallic Auglamour RX1? How does PT15 compare in terms of sound quality to rest of them?
Seahf F150C and its cable look well built too with L jack, which in my experience is much much better and sturdy like my KZ ZST' cable.
Moondrop nameless kind of look very fragile to me.
I assume earbuds don't need strain relief, because the cables are tangled in housing - so the pull doesnt go directly to solders, but rather on cable itself via friction?
Which one of those are the most comfortable for long listening sessions? i also intend to buy foam pads, donut rings and earhooks for maximum comfort and seal.

I would really apprecaite if you could help me narrow down the selection. I don't have any particular signature in mind as i tend to listen to variety of music and also watch movies / shows.

Mar 11, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #2,245 of 2,999
i've been reading this thread a bit and apparently MX760 graphene are better than EMX500? is the cheaper version supposed to be the older model?
I always tend to damage the cable (in few months time) either near the jack or earphone housing and i see **** PT 15 has MMCX replacable cable just like my **** 4in1, but are they better built than metallic Auglamour RX1? How does PT15 compare in terms of sound quality to rest of them?
Seahf F150C and its cable look well built too with L jack, which in my experience is much much better and sturdy like my KZ ZST' cable.
Moondrop nameless kind of look very fragile to me.
I assume earbuds don't need strain relief, because the cables are tangled in housing - so the pull doesnt go directly to solders, but rather on cable itself via friction?
Which one of those are the most comfortable for long listening sessions? i also intend to buy foam pads, donut rings and earhooks for maximum comfort and seal.

I would really apprecaite if you could help me narrow down the selection. I don't have any particular signature in mind as i tend to listen to variety of music and also watch movies / shows.
I didn’t prefer the mx760 graphene (old-more expensive-considered ‘best’) to the emx500, but many did. There seems to be some variation between batches of graphene, maybe that’s why.

Nameless looks well built to me, thin cables can still be well constructed and durable depends on the build quality imo.

RX1 is extremely durable but PT15 is also and has a removable cable so you can replace it. Maybe buy one of those or both?

RX1 and EMX500 would be polar opposites in SQ so you could go down that route.

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #2,246 of 2,999
I didn’t prefer the mx760 graphene (old-more expensive-considered ‘best’) to the emx500, but many did. There seems to be some variation between batches of graphene, maybe that’s why.

Nameless looks well built to me, thin cables can still be well constructed and durable depends on the build quality imo.

RX1 is extremely durable but PT15 is also and has a removable cable so you can replace it. Maybe buy one of those or both?

RX1 and EMX500 would be polar opposites in SQ so you could go down that route.

From what i found in my local forum, the RX-1 cables has a tendency to break right at the contact with the stem, might be because of the sharp edges that meet the cables

Mar 11, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #2,247 of 2,999

As you know, I am one of those "many did" that (still) loves the $29 graphenes. Since I got them 5 months ago, I haven't really listened to the emx500's (even though they themselves are incredible value - I hyped them plenty when I first got them lol). Like you said, maybe it has to do with variations between units. Or synergy with equipment. Or simply preferences. Dunno. But they seem to be somewhat polarizing for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #2,248 of 2,999
As you know, I am one of those "many did" that (still) loves the $29 graphenes. Since I got them 5 months ago, I haven't really listened to the emx500's (even though they themselves are incredible value - I hyped them plenty when I first got them lol). Like you said, maybe it has to do with variations between units. Or synergy with equipment. Or simply preferences. Dunno. But they seem to be somewhat polarizing for whatever reason.

The graphene is not polarizing in fact most of the reviews are positive. I for one like them, but only choose other buds for personal taste reason only.
My favourite on the other hand (the **** PT15), now that has a polarizing review :jecklinsmile:

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #2,249 of 2,999
From what i found in my local forum, the RX-1 cables has a tendency to break right at the contact with the stem, might be because of the sharp edges that meet the cables
The graphene is not polarizing in fact most of the reviews are positive. I for one like them, but only choose other buds for personal taste reason only.
My favourite on the other hand (the **** PT15), now that has a polarizing review :jecklinsmile:
Users who dislike a bud tend not to review it unless they are reviewers or really really hate the earbud ^^

But I do think most on here like it, a few don’t myself included.

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #2,250 of 2,999
Users who dislike a bud tend not to review it unless they are reviewers or really really hate the earbud ^^

But I do think most on here like it, a few don’t myself included.

I think that the important thing here is that we are all crazy, and we're all 'buds' :beerchug: <--- can they make this thing any darn smaller? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back