Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 28, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #2,266 of 2,999
So I have been very happy with my Aglaumour Rx-1. When received the he150 pro, was really disappointed with them at first, they sound thin and the treble, mids, bass, didn't have the quality of the Rx-1 with donuts... so I started to get a little upset and inserted them sideways (which is impossible to do with the Rx-1), wow, sounded a lot better! Unfortunately not very comfortable :frowning2:

So I am looking to step up the game in terms of comfort and Sq. I have these on my list:
**** PT15
EMXs-500
FAAEAL Snow-lotus 2.0
Seahf AWK-F150C

Are they any better of what I already have? Is there anything better bellow the 50$ Or should just get the kcs75? XD

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #2,267 of 2,999
So I have been very happy with my Aglaumour Rx-1. When received the he150 pro, was really disappointed with them at first, they sound thin and the treble, mids, bass, didn't have the quality of the Rx-1 with donuts... so I started to get a little upset and inserted them sideways (which is impossible to do with the Rx-1), wow, sounded a lot better! Unfortunately not very comfortable :frowning2:

So I am looking to step up the game in terms of comfort and Sq. I have these on my list:
**** PT15
EMXs-500
FAAEAL Snow-lotus 2.0
Seahf AWK-F150C

Are they any better of what I already have? Is there anything better bellow the 50$ Or should just get the kcs75? XD
I just got the Toneking TO400 on the ali sale for €59 down from €97! That was described as quite balanced with a good kick in the bass and an energetic sound. Someone prefered it over the Nicehck EBX (a $100+ earbud that was well received) so here’s hoping it’s a great earbud :)

That’s €59 (about $75?) without taking into account the discount coupons etc. It was more like €50/$62 overall which may just be in your budget!

Be warned TO400 is a 400 ohm earbud but it may not be hard to drive from one impression I read, although I’d still suggest a decent source to power them. It’s also got a detachable mmcx braided cable which is a bonus.

And for your HE150 Pro, has if you get that full sound sideways then all hope isn’t lost, you probably just need to tweak it with foams, or some silicone rings or foam tape to get a good seal for bass. The seal is everything tbh, although you wanna balance a good seal with enough breathing room for an airy spacious soundstage too.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #2,268 of 2,999

If you don't already have the ksc75 you should get one!

Mar 28, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #2,269 of 2,999
Agreed! Although I will add that it comes down to your willingness to wear earclips or if you buy the headband on ear headphones.

@LordZero

The 75’s are good, great for the price. But given the choice I’d take the best $50 earbuds over them because whilst the treble is excellent on them, the bass is a little boomy and the mids are slightly grainy at times. It’s no reason to not get them because the flaws I mentioned are minor at best, but if you were choosing that or a great $50 earbud it’s something to consider :)

KSC75’s are so fun to mod though and the mods are well documented on headfi and it’s hard to turn them down for the price (I have 2 lol).

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #2,270 of 2,999
I just got the Toneking TO400 on the ali sale for €59 down from €97! That was described as quite balanced with a good kick in the bass and an energetic sound. Someone prefered it over the Nicehck EBX (a $100+ earbud that was well received) so here’s hoping it’s a great earbud :)

That’s €59 (about $75?) without taking into account the discount coupons etc. It was more like €50/$62 overall which may just be in your budget!

Be warned TO400 is a 400 ohm earbud but it may not be hard to drive from one impression I read, although I’d still suggest a decent source to power them. It’s also got a detachable mmcx braided cable which is a bonus.

And for your HE150 Pro, has if you get that full sound sideways then all hope isn’t lost, you probably just need to tweak it with foams, or some silicone rings or foam tape to get a good seal for bass. The seal is everything tbh, although you wanna balance a good seal with enough breathing room for an airy spacious soundstage too.

They are beautiful, for what you describe is what I am looking for :) I already have the iBasso t01 for the go, just need something to kick my hears at home.

I have a Fiio e10 (not e10k), you think it could drive them? I was thinking in buying another dac/amp, but ended up wanting a new earbud XD Which may lead to get a new amp...

About the he150pro... When wearing them sideways, they sound great! They are just cold (can't use foams sideways) and not very comfy that way, but I will try combinations of foams like the Rx-1, improved a lot :) Doubt that burn-in will improve the thin sound.

Agreed! Although I will add that it comes down to your willingness to wear earclips or if you buy the headband on ear headphones.

@LordZero

The 75’s are good, great for the price. But given the choice I’d take the best $50 earbuds over them because whilst the treble is excellent on them, the bass is a little boomy and the mids are slightly grainy at times. It’s no reason to not get them because the flaws I mentioned are minor at best, but if you were choosing that or a great $50 earbud it’s something to consider :)

KSC75’s are so fun to mod though and the mods are well documented on headfi and it’s hard to turn them down for the price (I have 2 lol).

Lol, i know! I wanted the porta pros, but I don't need more portable headphones (it01 I love you), so I am now leaning toward the ksc75 to use at home, which are only 17€ here :)

Maybe I should use those 17€ for an amp or just do the things in head-fi style, buy both and next month get an amp XD

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #2,271 of 2,999
One earbud per sale is my golden moto with the idea to keep the game last longer and my bank card cooperative for future adventures. I was almost decided on getting Moondrop Nameless in this round but then figured out there was more to explore in the Absolute Budget realm so I just placed an order for EMXs 500.

I'm coming from the world of Vido and cheaper Graphene (which I like both and use them on daily basis) and it came down to EMXs or **** PT15. Then I learned that my favorite trance band Astral Projecton is about to release a new album, which means I need buds with strong and deep bass. Vidos have it, but according to descriptions EMXs should be clearer and with bigger soundstage while retaining that bass kick.

We will all end up owning all of them anyway.

now playing: Judas Priest - The Sentinel Live
(The metallic flavour of the graphenes fits perfectly to this unbelievable vocal skill. The remastered album is great. YouTube doesn't do justice to this performance.)

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #2,272 of 2,999
We will all end up owning all of them anyway.

I don't have the EMXs500... but my husband does...so there is a pair in the house.

Apr 1, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #2,274 of 2,999
People talking about the RY4S, is it the version with the UE cable? or are we talking about this one?

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/RY4S...19a8-44dc-854f-e524b9b1b1a0&priceBeautifyAB=0
People talking about the RY4S, is it the version with the UE cable? or are we talking about this one?

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/RY4S...19a8-44dc-854f-e524b9b1b1a0&priceBeautifyAB=0

i have reviewed it in the showcase and its not the rubber cable but metal ones.. better to get the ones i reviewed

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #2,275 of 2,999
Just had a couple of pairs of buds turn up that seem to be great value!
1- Yincrow x6 - AliExpress- $6 ‘ish excellent value and sounds, seems to lack a little sub-bass but otherwise excellent.
2- Willsound mk.1 rev2 - Rholupat- $40 ‘ish this one has everything from nice sub-bass rumble up! Wow!!
Using VE donut foams with both.

Apr 7, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #2,276 of 2,999
After reading 152 pages, I realise that doubts remain the same :confused:
I've arrived to do a list of well supplied earbuds:
Awei ES10/ES12
TY Hi-Z 32
Plexton X41m
Fiio EM3
RY4S
Boarseman K25
TY Colarad C01
Faaeal 64ohm
Monk Lite
DIY EMX500
Koss KE7
DP100 Beyerdynamic
Sharp MD (MX300)
Edifier H101
etc...

Are there others brands/models to suggest? Of course, I've the not mentioned "bestbuy" like: Vido, Monk+, **** PT15, SHE3800...
I listened any kind of music, but i prefere Pop, Electronic, 80's and bass style
I need also a plastic bag full of foam :)

Love earbuds :heart_eyes:

Apr 7, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #2,277 of 2,999
After reading 152 pages, I realise that doubts remain the same :confused:
I've arrived to do a list of well supplied earbuds:
Awei ES10/ES12
TY Hi-Z 32
Plexton X41m
Fiio EM3
RY4S
Boarseman K25
TY Colarad C01
Faaeal 64ohm
Monk Lite
DIY EMX500
Koss KE7
DP100 Beyerdynamic
Sharp MD (MX300)
Edifier H101
etc...

Are there others brands/models to suggest? Of course, I've the not mentioned "bestbuy" like: Vido, Monk+, **** PT15, SHE3800...
I listened any kind of music, but i prefere Pop, Electronic, 80's and bass style
I need also a plastic bag full of foam :)

Love earbuds :heart_eyes:
Are these buds you own or want? Little confused by this post lol

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #2,279 of 2,999
From that list you mentioned above, the FiiO EM3s are not very good. I've had Monk+, Monk, and Qian39 and they were all much better for me. The EM3s also lost their power or bass or whatever on one side after an year.

Is there a cheaper budget option for vocal-heavy rock/alternative than Aglaumour Rx-1 for people not using a DAC? It's $23 in Canada, I'd prefer to keep it below $10 if I'm just getting random earbuds to try out.

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #2,280 of 2,999
I want to try newer! Like the listed or other suggested. As explicated, at the moment I have Vido, Monk+, She3800, MDR e808, **** PT15, Qian 39... I live in EU zone, I don't know if buying from USA is convenient.
Buy from aliexpress (china) that were we get most budget earbuds from. Shipping wait is awhile but the price is excellent and I never got charged any import fee.

From that list you mentioned above, the FiiO EM3s are not very good. I've had Monk+, Monk, and Qian39 and they were all much better for me. The EM3s also lost their power or bass or whatever on one side after an year.

Is there a cheaper budget option for vocal-heavy rock/alternative than Aglaumour Rx-1 for people not using a DAC? It's $23 in Canada, I'd prefer to keep it below $10 if I'm just getting random earbuds to try out.

Too low of a budget... You’ll get the monks, Vido and a few others in that price range but all the best budget earbuds lay between $10-30. Even the very resonably priced emx500s in $12-14. Moondrop Nameless $18. DIY PK2 $16-20.

You can buy under $10 but your choice will be severely limited.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back