Absolute best budget earbuds?
Apr 12, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #2,296 of 2,999
Qian69 vs 39. Is this an upgrade? I love 39 but it's lack dynamic and not so tight bass. If anybody owns both I'd love to hear direct comparison.

Apr 13, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #2,297 of 2,999
From that list you mentioned above, the FiiO EM3s are not very good. I've had Monk+, Monk, and Qian39 and they were all much better for me. The EM3s also lost their power or bass or whatever on one side after an year.
...I'd prefer to keep it below $10 if I'm just getting random earbuds to try out.
Good choice!
Thanks for your post.

Buy from aliexpress (china) that were we get most budget earbuds from. Shipping wait is awhile but the price is excellent and I never got charged any import fee.
My earbuds come from Aliex. I have to decide only the pair to purchase

Even the very resonably priced emx500s in $12-14. Moondrop Nameless $18. DIY PK2 $16-20
Good, but the price range is $10

You can buy under $10 but your choice will be severely limited.
I think there are more earbuds to have before passing over.

Qian69 vs 39. Is this an upgrade? I love 39 but it's lack dynamic and not so tight bass. If anybody owns both I'd love to hear direct comparison.
Many head-fier prefer Qian 25 to 39, I have the last one.
What do you think about the list that I mentioned in pag. 153?

Apr 13, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #2,298 of 2,999
Good choice!
Thanks for your post.

My earbuds come from Aliex. I have to decide only the pair to purchase

Good, but the price range is $10

I think there are more earbuds to have before passing over.

Many head-fier prefer Qian 25 to 39, I have the last one.
What do you think about the list that I mentioned in pag. 153?
You can buy in any price range but I found from experience of trying many price ranges $10-30 offers the best price-performance overall.

Excluding the $3 vido which of course is phenomenal value.

But if you want under $10 then monk lite, vido, monk plus, emx500 (original) is the buds I’ve heard in that budget.

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #2,300 of 2,999
After reading 152 pages, I realise that doubts remain the same :confused:
I've arrived to do a list of well supplied earbuds:
Awei ES10/ES12
TY Hi-Z 32
Plexton X41m
Fiio EM3
RY4S
Boarseman K25
TY Colarad C01
Faaeal 64ohm
Monk Lite
DIY EMX500
Koss KE7
DP100 Beyerdynamic
Sharp MD (MX300)
Edifier H101
etc...

Are there others brands/models to suggest? Of course, I've the not mentioned "bestbuy" like: Vido, Monk+, **** PT15, SHE3800...
I listened any kind of music, but i prefere Pop, Electronic, 80's and bass style
I need also a plastic bag full of foam :)

Love earbuds :heart_eyes:
I can concur for h101, ty 32 and sharp MD. All have different sig. They'll compliment each other nicely. Sharp MD strength is in the U shape sound. H101 more linear in mid bass. And ty 32 can sound like it's 320ohm brother if amped correctly.. But IMO h101 and sharp MD can handle congested track better than 32. Sharp MD perhaps share some of its origin with emx500.

I mod my ty 32 to sound very sweet in the mid. And rival qian39 in layering and linearity

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #2,301 of 2,999
@seanc6441 Monk lite seems to the Qian 39 (that I have). I don't know if buy it or not! Vido too, purchased months ago. Marvellous!
I like the T-Music earbuds but only those with low impedance (thanks for the link). "Earbuds Round up" is on my subscribed thread page, but not followed in these days.

@fairx I lost the Sharp MD link...

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #2,302 of 2,999
I'm sorry I don't h
@seanc6441 Monk lite seems to the Qian 39 (that I have). I don't know if buy it or not! Vido too, purchased months ago. Marvellous!
I like the T-Music earbuds but only those with low impedance (thanks for the link). "Earbuds Round up" is on my subscribed thread page, but not followed in these days.

@fairx I lost the Sharp MD link...
I'm sorry I don't have sharp MD link. I bought from local importer. Maybe someone can point to right direction.

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,303 of 2,999
Hey guys, I've been listening to Vido's for almost a year now and I love them. However, the wire is now starting to fail on me and I need a replacement. I'm looking for an upgrade with the same sound signature as the Vido's. I love there bass and would welcome even a little more. Looking to spend hopefully around $50 but will spend up to $100 if it's really worth it. Recommendations?

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #2,304 of 2,999
Not sure what would be considered budget but I really like the HiFiMan RE-400 for <$50 on sale. One of the best purchases I ever made.

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #2,305 of 2,999
Hey guys, I've been listening to Vido's for almost a year now and I love them. However, the wire is now starting to fail on me and I need a replacement. I'm looking for an upgrade with the same sound signature as the Vido's. I love there bass and would welcome even a little more. Looking to spend hopefully around $50 but will spend up to $100 if it's really worth it. Recommendations?

A few owners of the Yincrow X6 have mentioned that it uses the same driver as Vido and has better cable.

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #2,307 of 2,999

Willsound MK2, K's 500 v2 or K's Samsara

Apr 23, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #2,308 of 2,999
emxs500.jpg

I have received my EMXs 500 today for 10.5 EUR from a recent sale.

The first impressions are quite favorable. My reference point are the clear Graphenes, which cost me a couple of EUR more. I would consider the EMXs a match for these. Perhaps the're not quite as warm and resolute, but they seem to have a bit fuller sound presentation due to that enhanced bass but I can taste some graininess too. We'll see what happens after burn in.

The Graphenes have a more apealing built, they fit better due to smaller housings. EMXs shells have that hollow. cheap feel, but it's the sound that matters. Both buds have exactly the same transparent blue cable, which is fine with me.

I have yet to experiment with different foams. The Graphenes responded really well to another pair of donuts over regular foams and the thin tape mod. I'll try these tricks with EMXs later.

I am also (maybe) moving from Rockbox+Viper to Poweramp as my main Android music player, so it affects my earbud impressions at this moment.

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #2,310 of 2,999
The FAAEAL Narcissus is really bassy, but better throughout the spectrum than the Vidos (which is so boom-ey that it bloats the mids). They are 300 Ohms though, so you need a source capable of driving them properly.

Edited to say: I agree with Chinmie about the K's Samsaras. Nice V-shaped bud with a good soundstage. These would be a huge step up from the Vidos, though if you just want bass, bass, bass I think the Narcissus might appeal. I love the Samsaras though...... so much that I bought 2!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back