Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 2, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #2,221 of 2,999
How did you find that out? Sounds like that would mean they do lightning deals... at the moment they won't. Only 3 left in stock and those will probably be gone by morning now that we have been talking about it. Are we off topic or could they be considered a giant bud?

Yes, they are giant buds lol. But it doesn't matter - it's on topic to talk about the ksc75's everywhere lol. I checked out camelcamelcamel. But like I said, that fleabay seller has them for £11+£5shipping=£16 now and has a 99.3% positive feedback, so you'd probably be safe getting it from there as well.

Mar 2, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #2,222 of 2,999
And then you head over to the porta pro/ksc75 mods thread and customise the heck out of it! :)

Yeah the 75’s are awesome for the price, if you stick them in a closed cup and add thick leather/velour overear pads you get the stratokosster mod, which is apparently an impressive headphone for the price.

But most mods include adding a light headband, quarter modding the pads (kinda like donut pads) and drilling tiny holes in the removable cover to improve the sound or so they say.

Stop! I am not into that. Just the headband if I need it. No drills touch my gear!

Mar 2, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #2,223 of 2,999
And then you head over to the porta pro/ksc75 mods thread and customise the heck out of it! :)

Yeah the 75’s are awesome for the price, if you stick them in a closed cup and add thick leather/velour overear pads you get the stratokosster mod, which is apparently an impressive headphone for the price.

But most mods include adding a light headband, quarter modding the pads (kinda like donut pads) and drilling tiny holes in the removable cover to improve the sound or so they say.

Shhhh, you're going to scare her away with all of that modding talk lol.

But yeah, they are fun to mod. I did this pathetic mod where, instead of doing the kramer mod and drilling holes in the plastic driver cover, I removed it and replaced it with wire mesh:
3955395_thumb.jpg

My buddy Nick (who is a modding genius) felt sorry for me, so he re-did it properly:
6533976_thumb.jpg

Just a bit nicer lol! Having said that, the ksc75's sound great without the mods... but the mods do make them even better :)

Mar 2, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #2,224 of 2,999
Shhhh, you're going to scare her away with all of that modding talk lol.

But yeah, they are fun to mod. I did this pathetic mod where, instead of doing the kramer mod and drilling holes in the plastic driver cover, I removed it and replaced it with wire mesh:
3955395_thumb.jpg

My buddy Nick (who is a modding genius) felt sorry for me, so he re-did it properly:
6533976_thumb.jpg

Just a bit nicer lol! Having said that, the ksc75's sound great without the mods... but the mods do make them even better :)
Never considered taking the whole cover off, didn’t think it would sound good, might try it with mine I’ve got some grills i can use.

Mar 2, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #2,226 of 2,999

Am I looking at this correctly? You have wire mesh touching your ears?

Mar 2, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #2,227 of 2,999
You guys are obsessed.

...and why are those of us in the UK even still awake?
I’m snowed in and I can sleep in tomorrow so there’s that :)

There’s foam pads to go over it, I assume.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #2,228 of 2,999
Mar 2, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #2,229 of 2,999
all this talk about KSC75, made me realized i have a dead KSC ( one cable broken) that should be fixed

Mar 3, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #2,230 of 2,999
Well, I succumbed to peer pressure. I just ordered the KSC75 from Amazon. They will be delivered Tuesday.
I will decide then if I need to order the headband.

edited to add: I ordered the headband. Looking forward to trying these.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #2,231 of 2,999
Well, I succumbed to peer pressure. I just ordered the KSC75 from Amazon. They will be delivered Tuesday.

peer pressure.gif

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #2,232 of 2,999

The KSC almost stopped me from earbuds collecting craze. I think it can beat most earbuds below 50. The only problem with KSC is bass impact and soundstage (great and wide left to right, but lacking in depth).

And i looked weird wearing them...

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #2,233 of 2,999
The KSC almost stopped me from earbuds collecting craze. I think it can beat most earbuds below 50. The only problem with KSC is bass impact and soundstage (great and wide left to right, but lacking in depth).

And i looked weird wearing them...

Have you tried it with the headband? That will look less weird.,,, normal even...

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #2,234 of 2,999
Have you tried it with the headband? That will look less weird.,,, normal even...

Yes, i tried them with headband, you're right it did looked less weird, but i don't quite like the sound. It looses the airyness and the bass became a bit bloated.
And i like the feel better using them without headband, i just have to avoid the mirror...

Maybe painting them black would do the trick

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #2,235 of 2,999
something even better would be to do this https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-1835#post-13996708

as shown in the picture, then apply just one full foam over it. To give perfect seal for bass and perfect transparency for treble and detail.

I think the auglamour RX1 is an amazing driver but lacks treble extension and crisp airy treble, which is sad because it would be amazing if it had that, but this mod may bring out some of that, I did something like this with my BS1 and worr them overear (RX1 doesn't need to be worn over ear afaik for best SQ) and the difference was incredible.

I’m gonna try that with my rx1 now and see how it sounds.

well i was using this white foams (full) . they have a slight gap between the earphone grill surface and the foam . As in other words a bit loose fitting for more air... The R4YS sound better in this foam with more 3D space.

SO try pulling the foams stretching at the sides to loosen them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back