A Review of MandarinEs Foam Tips
Jan 3, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #272 of 446
I followed some advice here to go 1 size down,- but small was smal..go figure. Luckily I also did get a medium was that fits fine. ( ordered off ebay)

Let's clarify this "go 1 size down" advice.
Symbio W size measurements (diameter) are the same as Eg. Spiral Dots. Thats mean not bigger than usual eartip S,M,L sizes!

Symbios inner foam part have its own inner energy wich pushes the silicone flange to the ear canal wall - and because of that its harder to push deeper after a while.
From where is this energy? From your fingers! When pushing and rolling the eartip you gives the energy to the memory foam.

Hope this was comprehensible.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #274 of 446
yes it works. Using foam normally but walking a dog means you have to stop and talk to people several times..Hope these are less fiddly with some of the benefits.

Jan 15, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #280 of 446
Hey @garcsa ,
I'm interested in Symbio Wa for my Westones, but they're not available on the mandarines website-- will they be coming back? If I order on eBay, how do I specify size?

Thanks!

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #282 of 446
20190205_153734.jpg
Got my Symbio W today for my 1more Triples. Sound absolutely fan-bloody-tastic! Have some ibasso It03's on their way, and can't wait to try them on those too. Ordered some N today too to see how they compare, but as it stands, loving the W a lot

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #283 of 446
I have a Campfire Atlas, and the Symbio W Peel's (Medium) sounded the best of a variety of tips I tried. Thankfully they were also the most comfortable! However, I got to wondering about the bore (sound tube) of the tips. It just comes straight out. Yet I knew sound propagates more naturally when it comes out of a bell-shaped opening. e.g. trumpet, horn, speakers, etc.

So I got a razor blade and cut a few mm around the top inside part of the tips. Wow, that increased the size of the soundstage and image, made the bass more hard-hitting, made the music more transparent\real-sounding, and best of all, made the music more engaging.
The one negative aspect about it is that the tip doesn't have as good a grip in my ears. However, since I don't do a lot of non-stationary physical activity with these iems, it's not a big deal for me and they rarely fall out.

I thought I might make the opening a more curved bell shape, but trying to sand the flexible silicone with fine sandpaper doesn't work too well unfortunately.

Anyway, if you have an extra set of tips you don't mind experimenting with, give it a try. Of course YMMV and I'm not guaranteeing anything. :)

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #285 of 446
bud1.JPG
bud2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back