A Review of MandarinEs Foam Tips
Aug 26, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #106 of 446
So you turned Symbios into regular silicone tips?

Or am I missing something?

yes. it actually happened by accident. i was cleaning the Symbios with alcohol and i noticed that the foam started to tear and disintegrate. so i removed all of them thinking that some of the foams would go inside the nozzles (don't want that to happen) and i tried them out - not bad really.

Aug 26, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #107 of 446
yes. it actually happened by accident. i was cleaning the Symbios with alcohol and i noticed that the foam started to tear and disintegrate. so i removed all of them thinking that some of the foams would go inside the nozzles (don't want that to happen) and i tried them out - not bad really.

Nice

Aug 26, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #108 of 446
Aug 27, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #113 of 446
Aug 27, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #115 of 446
I think Audio Sanctuary still have them in stock
Nice, price the same as through the actual supplier? Between shipping and the state of the Canadian dollar seems pretty pricey for 3 tips (Just over $30CND).

Cruising through this thread, these seem to fit a tad larger than other tips. Any Large Spin Fit (Noble Sage) users wanna chime in on what size they use for these? Large or Medium?

Aug 27, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #116 of 446
Cruising through this thread, these seem to fit a tad larger than other tips. Any Large Spin Fit (Noble Sage) users wanna chime in on what size they use for these? Large or Medium?

i used to own a Savant and i used Spiral Dots on them. Now the Spiral Dots is equivalent to the Wide Bore version. As for the size - Since the foam doesn't really shrink that much - i suggest you use 1 size smaller than your usual

Aug 30, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #119 of 446
i used to own a Savant and i used Spiral Dots on them. Now the Spiral Dots is equivalent to the Wide Bore version. As for the size - Since the foam doesn't really shrink that much - i suggest you use 1 size smaller than your usual

I can vouch for going down a size. The larges give me the best seal, but the foam is stiff and it causes real pain for me after a relatively small amount of time. Unfortunately for my iems, I couldnt get a good seal with the mediums (this is with the original normal bore, not wide bore). I kind of wish they were offered in different shapes too, instead of just the wide round shape, but more of a longer shape as well as those types seem to usually work better for me that the fatter wider tips.

Sep 27, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #120 of 446
I love the sound of the Comply Ts200 on my DITA The Answers. But I notice that the foam gets softer after a few weeks and the sound changes for the worse. After about 4 weeks they lose bass strength especially in the lower bass, and midrange thickness. So I am looking for an alternative. What size of these would be equivalent of T200 size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back