A New Hybrid from Indeed Hi-Fi Labs: does this look fun?
Mar 14, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #32 of 355
The 6DJ8 certainly offers an huge quantity of tube rolling options. The JAN-Sylvania 6DJ8 is an very nice sounding tube, and since you can get them easily, NOS/NIB, for $15 each, anyone can afford it
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #33 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tube amp has shipped EMS express. Should get here Monday.

Have you tried the T amp yet? Maybe you can use the Indeed headphone amp as a pre-amp into the Topping and have yourself a bonus desktop system. The luxury of new toys...

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #34 of 355
I haven't hooked up the T-10 yet. I was thinking of making an Ipod docking station with both the tube headphone, and T-amp so I will have something to leave at work.The t-amp looks "Hard As Nails" indestructable. It'll be my first amp with bananas.

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #35 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure does look cool. Probably all open because of heat issues, since it's using Acryllic frame, which probably doesn't dissipate heat that well?

Any of you going to go for it? It's incredibly small and compact, nifty.

As for design rip off, well I think that can be said of a lot amps here. Starving Student sold by Whiplash Audio, Gilmore Lite, and so on. But difference seems credit is given where it's due where this Amp doesn't. Be interesting to see if Korean design is the same.

Once again you throw out inflammatory statements without apparently any thought as to what you imply. Both Whiplash Audio and Headamp have been given permission by the amps designers to build these products as commercial ventures. How is that remotely a rip off? The amps bear the designers names. Rip off implies the amp circuits are being used unlawfully without acknowledgement or consent from the designer. That is absolutely not the case.

Mar 18, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #38 of 355
Mar 18, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #39 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by ddoingwell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent work Steve. Thanks for that. Have you tried the Little Dot 1+ hybrid? I wonder how it would fare against the Indeed. In your opinion, could the Indeed do justice to picky headphones like the AKG K501-K601-K701s?

^^^Have a very limited memory on the K701's which I auditioned some time ago. If you look at the specs the Indeed can handle phones with relatively low impedance rating from 16 ohms up to 600 ohms so my educated guess is it should be able to handle them adequately. Not looked into Little dot issue and maybe I should.

Now await Boomy's evaluation of the Indeed against the EF-1 from Head Direct, that should be interesting!

atsmile.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #43 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
last known location is cleared customs in San Fancisco. on the 13th. So much for express.

^^^ Boomy,

Hope it arrives soon! I have been having some fun with tube rolling: On A Roll: Tube Rolling - Indeed 6N3 Buffer Amp And 6N11 Class A Headphone Amp - http://vr2xmq-stevesblog.blogspot.com/
icon10.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #44 of 355
Interesting posts on your blog about tube rolling. I agree that the simple and cheap JAN-GE 5670 is so much better than the chinese 6N3 it's just shocking (note that my comments here are in relation to these tubes in other amps I own - I have not tried the "Indeed" amp).

My personal experience is that the WE 396A is not worth the money. Slightly, but not hugely better than the ultra-cheap GE 5670. I actually prefer the Sylvania 2C51 over the WE tube.

Lastly, the JAN-Phillips 6922 is nowhere near as good as the JAN-Sylvania 6DJ8, which is also pretty cheap at $15. Give that a try too.

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #45 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting posts on your blog about tube rolling. I agree that the simple and cheap JAN-GE 5670 is so much better than the chinese 6N3 it's just shocking (note that my comments here are in relation to these tubes in other amps I own - I have not tried the "Indeed" amp).

My personal experience is that the WE 396A is not worth the money. Slightly, but not hugely better than the ultra-cheap GE 5670. I actually prefer the Sylvania 2C51 over the WE tube.

Lastly, the JAN-Phillips 6922 is nowhere near as good as the JAN-Sylvania 6DJ8, which is also pretty cheap at $15. Give that a try too.

^^^ Thanks for the input. I agree the only way to describe the improvement of the JAN-GE 5670 over the stock Chinese 6N3 is "shocking and wicked", have not put the WE 396A yet through it's paces. I will take note on your suggestion on the Sylvania 2C51 and get one to try out. But for now I am very happy with the simple JAN-GE 5670W upgrade.

The JAN-Philips is quite sweet already in the Indeed Class A headphone amp and also makes a dramatic impact over the stock 6N11, I have the Sylvania 6DJ8's but have not tried them yet. An evil grin just came over my face as a mental image of the Telefunken E88CC crossed my mind, may just put one in just to try and for fun.

darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back