A New Hybrid from Indeed Hi-Fi Labs: does this look fun?
Mar 3, 2009 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 355

ddoingwell

100+ Head-Fier
Valve Headphone Pre Amplifier Class A MP3 ipod Laptop X - eBay (item 260368823526 end time Mar-08-09 15:16:07 PDT)

I know squat about specs but I do know that my Indeed Hi-Fi Labs tube buffer with the same ECC88 tube and the same look sounds really good in my mid-fi system of Rega Brio amp, Shanling HDCD player and Quad 12L speakers. I'm currently using a Meier Corda Arietta as my headphone amp in this system. My question, dear technically-minded readers, is this: does this little headphone amp by Indeed Hi-Fi Labs look fun???

Commentary appreciated.

Cheers,
Don

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 355
it looks pretty damn cute...i'm having trouble keeping my hands off the buy button...but why the hell is it open like that, that's disqualified it for me. There's something disconcerting about a tube amp that has no sides. I won't get it. But it's so cute...

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #5 of 355
This is THE Duggeh amp:p

Imaging modding it by putting some wood on the front, sides and maybe back if it doesn't get too hot.

I would like to remove the blue led under the tube though.

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is THE Duggeh amp:p

I would like to remove the blue led under the tube though.

My Indeed tube buffer has a blue light under the tube as well and it looks quite sweet for those late evening, low lighting situations...soft blue glow....hmmm..

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #7 of 355
what a rip off.

The schematic = drawn by Sijosae 10000 years ago. This circuit was first shown by a Korean, sijosae at headwize/zerosoft.

I would not buy any of those stuffs. Even if the circuit is pretty much textbook stuffs (like most commercial headamps) I would at least make it an effort to improve things and to draw my own schematic drawings.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #8 of 355
Looks like fun to me!
smile.gif

Tiny little tube amplifier for $80. No idea about the sound quality and such though...

headphone2.jpg

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #10 of 355
It looks pretty cool. The shipping is a little expensive though

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #11 of 355
Awwwwww! Isnt it cuuuuuute! I think it just smiled at me! =D

Mar 4, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #13 of 355
Sure does look cool. Probably all open because of heat issues, since it's using Acryllic frame, which probably doesn't dissipate heat that well?

Any of you going to go for it? It's incredibly small and compact, nifty.

As for design rip off, well I think that can be said of a lot amps here. Starving Student sold by Whiplash Audio, Gilmore Lite, and so on. But difference seems credit is given where it's due where this Amp doesn't. Be interesting to see if Korean design is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back