A New Hybrid from Indeed Hi-Fi Labs: does this look fun?
Oct 21, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #91 of 355
Well, after watching a number of these auctions progress for a couple days, I am beginning to suspect that some level of shill bidding is going on, either that or every bidder has no idea how to use eBay successfully.

Each auction regularly jumps from .99 to $6-$10 with less than 24 hours remaining, with multiple bids being placed by the same bidder (who seems to be outbidding themselves?).

It's a little strange. I'm going to see what happens in the next few hours with the ones I have my eye on.

Oct 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #93 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, after watching a number of these auctions progress for a couple days, I am beginning to suspect that some level of shill bidding is going on, either that or every bidder has no idea how to use eBay successfully.

Each auction regularly jumps from .99 to $6-$10 with less than 24 hours remaining, with multiple bids being placed by the same bidder (who seems to be outbidding themselves?).

It's a little strange. I'm going to see what happens in the next few hours with the ones I have my eye on.

Hmm, that would stink if I was in a bidding war with the owner...

Then again, I think a winning bid of $46+12 shipping isn't terrible, especially if boomy is favorably comparing the SQ to a $400 EF1.

Can't wait to play with it, especially once I learn how to solder. I get a Tim Taylor urge when I think about how simple it would be to add bigger! better! components for pretty cheap.

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #94 of 355
I have a couple waiting to be sniped, but I'm watching the bid history...it's fairly strange how the pattern goes, so I'm beginning to wonder if some of the bidders just don't understand eBay, and are upping their own bids.

I am hoping to win one in the $35 range. Should be possible with patience.

I have some tubes that will fit this, so that will be fun to mess around with.

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #95 of 355
Quote:

I have a couple waiting to be sniped, but I'm watching the bid history...it's fairly strange how the pattern goes, so I'm beginning to wonder if some of the bidders just don't understand eBay, and are upping their own bids.

I am hoping to win one in the $35 range. Should be possible with patience.

I have some tubes that will fit this, so that will be fun to mess around with.

Hope you get one so I can hear your impressions of it with your DT990's.

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #96 of 355
I won one of these for $39 + ship (bravo version) so we'll see what happens when it finally gets here. Not an exemplary record for arrivals from China over here.

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #97 of 355
Quote:

I won one of these for $39 + ship (bravo version) so we'll see what happens when it finally gets here. Not an exemplary record for arrivals from China over here.

I just won a bravo one at 37 + 16$ too.

I will do a mini-review to the best of my knowledge has soon has I receive it. I use Grado Sr-80.

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #98 of 355
Darn it, I feel ripped off at $46 plus shipping now. Oh well. BTW, has anyone looked at sijosae's gallery? He has a modification of this tube hybrid in an altoids can! The guy is amazing!

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #99 of 355
I'm having a strange problem with my Indeed amp:

Macbook Air -> Audioengine 5 = No hiss
iPhone 3GS -> Indeed amp -> Audioengine 5 = No hiss
Macbook Air -> Indeed amp -> Audioengine 5 = high pitched hiss

Does anyone know why this might be?

Oct 28, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #100 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn it, I feel ripped off at $46 plus shipping now. Oh well. BTW, has anyone looked at sijosae's gallery? He has a modification of this tube hybrid in an altoids can! The guy is amazing!

Want.

That is all.

You're probably getting hiss in the third combination because you're double amping the signal, the A5 are internally amplified. Not sure why your iPhone wouldn't do the same thing, are you going LOD or headphone jack?

Oct 28, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #101 of 355
Try to move it to another place. Not close to the computer or a wireless signal.
Just put a metal box on it to be sure it is not some sort of interference.

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #102 of 355
Quote:

Not sure why your iPhone wouldn't do the same thing, are you going LOD or headphone jack?

Headphone out.

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #103 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaclocker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try to move it to another place. Not close to the computer or a wireless signal.
Just put a metal box on it to be sure it is not some sort of interference.

All three arrangements were done in the exact same place using the same cables - interference would produce hiss in all three, no?

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #104 of 355
The hiss goes away when I disconnect my external display, which is strange since connecting the speakers directly to the laptop even with the display connected does not produce hiss.

Anyway, the amp seems to be fine.

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #105 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by sohels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The hiss goes away when I disconnect my external display, which is strange since connecting the speakers directly to the laptop even with the display connected does not produce hiss.

Anyway, the amp seems to be fine.

I heard that somewhere can't explain it.

Are the amp and the display pluged in the same wall socket ?
Maybe some wireless waves disturb the tube (from the amp) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back