A New Hybrid from Indeed Hi-Fi Labs: does this look fun?
Sep 22, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #77 of 355
The CV2492 and CV2493 also are equivalent (and very good sounding).

Sep 29, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #79 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have one of these (the bravo audio, not the indeed), winging it's way to me now.

Both the Indeed Audio and the Bravo Audio are (almost) identical, so is one copying the other (which is better?), are they getting the amps from the same supplier (then adding their own logo) or is there a basic kit/schematic that these are being based on?

Missed out on the last batch from bravodeal4you's ebay page but still interested in getting one.

Oct 19, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #81 of 355
I am also interested. Just comparing pictures, the Bravo doesn't use the bigger Dale resistors, however it has much larger capacitor, and definitely looks to use much more robust connectors (metal instead of plastic). I don't know what any of that means for sound quality, but the Bravo certainly looks to me like it might be a more robust solution. Can anyone explain what the different resistors and capcitors might do to the sound? I would assume that the sounds should be similar, but I really don't have a clue.

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #83 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and could this drive a 600ohm set of headphones? Thinking the DT990 Premium 600 ohms.

No problem, I have 50ohm headphone, it drove it to a very loud level.

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #84 of 355
Well, something about this little guy has compelled me. I bought it and will see that it does for the sound of my SRH840's.

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #85 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and could this drive a 600ohm set of headphones? Thinking the DT990 Premium 600 ohms.

Any tube hybrid should be excellent for 600 ohm headphones. One of the advantages of a tube hybrid design is linear voltage gain. The Indeed in particular is very decent. I heard Boomy's Indeed at a meet and thought it was quite good. I'm not sure if he has tried 600 ohm headphones with it, but based on the design I suspect it should be good.

The different capacitors are likely the coupling caps, which are a vital part of the sound of a hybrid. I don't know about the particular caps they are using though.

Oct 20, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #86 of 355
I'm thinking about buying these but am wondering about a couple of things...

thanks to the poor translation on the ebay listing, it makes it sound like the Indeed version doesn't ship with a tube??

And the Bravo ones seem to be selling for less...has anyone heard the Bravo one with the larger coupling caps? I'm a tubie newbie too (well, new to tube amplifiers) and this seems like a really inexpensive way to try it out, but I'd like to know whether I'd be better off going with the dale resistors, etc or the larger caps and more robust connections on the Bravo?

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #87 of 355
I had this question, but got sucked into the excitement of the ebay auction. I have the Bravo coming to me mainly because the more robust connections appealed to me. After seeing some pictures of misaligned ports for the Indeed, I decided to chance it on the Bravo. I don't know squat about resisters or capacitors, but the bigger ones on the Bravo looked cooler to me
smily_headphones1.gif

I am getting a solder station for Christmas to start tinkering with this stuff. In the meantime I better start learning about electrical components and design.

BTW, I suppose if you are a good DIY'er or know one, you could get the Indeed and put better connectors on yourself. Or conversely desolder some transistors and add them yourself. I simply figured that I have no real SQ reference point and also figured that a couple resistor differences couldn't make THAT big a difference so I went with something that might stand up to more bumps than the other since this will be on my very cluttered desk (away from flammable things) and will be going to school with me.

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #88 of 355
Oh and glad to hear that this little fellah might actually be a good starter amp for some DT990s. Can't beat $65 for a point of entry into tubes unless you get luckier than I did on the auctions.

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #89 of 355
I bought 2 units from Indeed , Peter the seller was very easy to deal with and the products arrived promptly.

Both units come with Dale resistors and tube(I ordered one with and one without).The output caps can be improved and also the tube. There are a no. of mods you can do but there are more complicated/difficult better avoid doing them, BTW I am modding one unit as I have 2 units. I think you will be happy with it as it is.

cheers.

Oct 21, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #90 of 355
Well, maybe I'll snipe a Bravo auction and see if I can score one for ~$45 ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back