A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!!
Oct 13, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #332 of 386
Thanks guy, but I'm pretty chilled.  However, I do feel that it's kind of lame to drum up excitement about a product by baiting your main consumer market with a fun contest, then failing to deliver even an excuse as to why we must sit wondering about the delay of an announcement.  It was easy enough to post that the winner would be announced at the CanJam beer thing.  Yet, when that doesn't happen and I feel compelled (out of my own excitement) to check every new post in this thread, I can't help but be a bit bummed by the lack of engagement by the company itself.  Especially knowing that they have such a presence on this website, and understanding how easy it would be to share with their loyal fan-base the reason for such a delay.

Surely I'm over-reacting here, but it seems like the company that has co-opted us to name their new product shows a lack of some bit of decency as they hold us on the line, indefinitely.

Fair enough. But "it's [also] kind of lame" to wet your short pants in (a) public (forum).

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #333 of 386
  Thanks guy, but I'm pretty chilled.  However, I do feel that it's kind of lame to drum up excitement about a product by baiting your main consumer market with a fun contest, then failing to deliver even an excuse as to why we must sit wondering about the delay of an announcement.  It was easy enough to post that the winner would be announced at the CanJam beer thing.  Yet, when that doesn't happen and I feel compelled (out of my own excitement) to check every new post in this thread, I can't help but be a bit bummed by the lack of engagement by the company itself.  Especially knowing that they have such a presence on this website, and understanding how easy it would be to share with their loyal fan-base the reason for such a delay.

Surely I'm over-reacting here, but it seems like the company that has co-opted us to name their new product shows a lack of some bit of decency as they hold us on the line, indefinitely.

You probably didn't win. 

Take that piece of humbling information and go on with your life, then check back in this thread in a few days. Maybe you'll feel less antsy. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #334 of 386
Fair enough. But "it's [also] kind of lame" to wet your short pants in (a) public (forum).

Not exactly sure what you mean by this, but if you're referring to the fact that I've used a public forum to express my opinion, you must not comprehend essential spirit of a public forum.  Thank you, though for recognizing my initial point as fair.

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #335 of 386
I don't usually get involved in this stuff.  But I have to say that Todd Green and Pete Millett are some of the best guys in the business.  I am sure that they will make good on their end.  I can also speak from personal experience when I say that it is difficult to travel to a trade show, set up, tear down, meet with all of the customers and industry contacts, and get back to your business which by the time you get back has a mile long list of things that need attention.  Let's give them a break.

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #336 of 386
  I don't usually get involved in this kind of stuff.  But I have to say that Todd Green and Pete Millett are some of the best guys in the business.  I am sure that they will make good on their end.  I can also speak from personal experience when I say that it is difficult to travel to a trade show, set up, tear down, meet with all of the customers and industry contacts, and get back to your business which by the time you get back has a mile long list of things that need attention.  Let's give them a break.

Not making any judgments about the guys who are running this whole deal.  I also have a complete understanding of the difficulties associated with traveling and working in this type of environment.  That being said, my point comes the view of a consumer baited to wait and watch over this thread for a promised announcement.  While I know running multiple aspects of a business is hard (certainly during an ongoing event), it is not so hard as to limit your communication to said waiting consumers to a single, short forum post.  Especially when that single post only serves to grow the anticipation of those involved.  

To spin my view into an overly dramatic context; when my husband tells me he's going to be home at 6 and I end up going to bed without seeing him or hearing another word from him, he's going to find me generally perturbed/worried when he finally does show up.

While these situations obviously aren't nearly of the same magnitude, I think it illustrates my point quite well.

I'm happy to give them a break, it would just be easier if I hadn't been clicking on this thread every time I saw it update over the past two days.

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #337 of 386
I would like to add that if Todd and Pete pick my name for the amp, I will give up the prize to the next runner up.  Just to make sure that no one thinks I have an ulterior motive.  Mine is the Apex Divide.

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #338 of 386
Apex Peninsula
Slogan: "Like a peninsula our amp sticks out.  Feel surrounded with sound, immerse yourself into the watery smooth sound around your ears."

Change your climate with picking your own tubes, craft the lands the way you want.
From the ocean you can control your device with a remote control.
Digital volume control for even waves coming toward your ears.

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #339 of 386
I don't think it even matters if they announced it a week late. It's their contest, they do whatever they deem fit with it! That being said, I have been checking back every day. Hahah!

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #343 of 386
Hi Everyone,

The winning name is the Apex Spire from Eddie C in Canada!

I am sorry about the late announcement but it was decided right before the beer social at RMAF and we had some technical difficulties that evening.

SO, Eddie C, email me at todd@ttvjaudio.com with your shipping info and we will send one out to you once we have a production model ready. We think mid to late November for that to happen.

A huge thanks to all who participated. There were many good choices as well as many very clever names that we had to wade through to get to the winner. It was fun looking through all of your ideas!

Todd

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #344 of 386
Congrats to the winner!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back