[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #16 of 266
Sorry for the double post, but just want to make it known: the thread details have been updated. Please review the original post. We have some new variables to consider. Also, I would like to point out that complementary food is not a certainty by any stretch; it seems that I may have suggested otherwise, my mistake.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #17 of 266
What? No food! I'll starve. I think that we should go with the location that has more outlets. If we decide on the Hampton, we had better find out if those
four outlets are all on the same circuit. If they are, we could find ourselves popping the circuit breakers.

Can Hampton run dedicated lines into the room? When balderon put on the first meet way back when, the hotel in Scottsdale did just that. There was
enough power in that room to host a welder convention.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #18 of 266
Food is a great but outlets are more important. I'll call the Hampton tomorrow and see if all these outlets are on the same board and if they could accommodate us with dedicated lines if they are.

Aug 18, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #20 of 266
Yup unfortunately electricity is a must for audio gear : (

I could bring an acoustic guitar...
Lol! Can't beat the sound of live for either accuracy or musicality... well, given that the strings aren't too crispy, and the room is good, and the guitar isn't Chinese, and the player can play, and there isn't too much noise, and...

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #21 of 266
My vote is for the 21st, outlets, plus it's about 2 miles down the road from my place. The HPs in my sig will also be there (for the OP list).

Anyone know any of the people over at LMC? Maybe talk them into bringing a demo pair of Utopia and Elear in (my Elear are modded, so not a great representation of what they normally sound like)?

Also, happen to know the WiFi situation at either locations for us streaming people?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #22 of 266
Is anyone thinking of bringing any IEM's? Never heard any before and really curious.
They just can't sound like a regular HP.

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #23 of 266
I know a couple people have brought IEMs in the past. It might make sense to bring your own tips for hygiene purposes. JVC spiral dots are recommended (I use medium size), or comply foamies as well.

IMO, IEMs have a higher price/performance ration than headphones as a $1000 IEM will be ToTL compared to a mid to high end headphone. Of course there are outliers that cost as much as some cars but those are the exception.

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #24 of 266
I know a couple people have brought IEMs in the past. It might make sense to bring your own tips for hygiene purposes. JVC spiral dots are recommended (I use medium size), or comply foamies as well.

IMO, IEMs have a higher price/performance ration than headphones as a $1000 IEM will be ToTL compared to a mid to high end headphone. Of course there are outliers that cost as much as some cars but those are the exception.

It never dawned on me to bring my own tips. Makes total sense. Thank you

Aug 25, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #26 of 266
I really love my Noble K10, but they're custom... I always have them with me.

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #28 of 266
It's scheduled!

Date & Time:
Saturday October 21st, 2017
9:00AM-5:00PM

11460 W Hilton Way

Avondale, AZ 85323

First post has been updated with new info, please read! Stay tuned for more!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #30 of 266
Less then 2 months to go. Very stoked.
The Hampton is a really nice place guys. As Coolzo stated, there's a nice restaurant for breakfast and dinner and even a bar if you'd like a cool refreshing beverage to enhance your experience. :beers: If anyone is driving a distance, the hotel will most certainly accommodate you with your stay.
This is going to rock and can't come soon enough!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back