A look inside the Grado factory
Feb 20, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #106 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burninate35 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it strange that people are saying that they have lost respect for the GRADO name, and that they cannot see/hear their headphones the same way anymore.

Seeing this makes me want GRADO headphones more then before. I would feel like someone worked hard at making the headphones, and making them to a very high standard that would come with low quantities, and close quality inspection.

When you guys buy something that was made by someone on the forum do you like it less because they made it in there living room instead of in a large factory?

I do not understand your reasoning...

On another note, how could those speakers made of headphone drivers sound any good? When headphones are played loudly they sound very tinny.

Er, I wouldn't say that. I'm pretty neutral on what I see, but the situation you see here is just the same as in most other tech factories - cheap labour that can be highly trained. It's the same situation (except to a much higher degree) in Intel fabs and whatnot. I see no 'lovingly hand assembled' here. I just see assembly with cheap labour.

Feb 20, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #107 of 116
You guys have clearly never heard of Line Array Speakers - they are a very interesting design and are very tricky to get right. When they are done right, they can be very nice. I wouldn't dismiss them just because the drivers are so small...

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #108 of 116
Jun 15, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #110 of 116
I'm willing to bet that the owners and management of Grado knows the first name of each and every one of their employees. I love that about small artisan companies. The photos definitely reassured me that my headphones are hand assembled and not produced in some clinical factory by robots.

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #114 of 116
I think they are the same as the ones in the Grado official website, on the bottom of the page, Grado tour I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back