Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The irony!

grado-11.jpg

OMG GRADO HAS EARBUDS?!

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #94 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG GRADO HAS EARBUDS?!

John Grado probably insists upon earbuds in the workplace. Grado headphones are so damn good that if they allowed the workers to use them, they would get too lost in the music to focus on the work they're supposed to be doing.

I know I do each time I slap on the HP2's.
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #96 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John Grado probably insists upon earbuds in the workplace. Grado headphones are so damn good that if they allowed the workers to use them, they would get too lost in the music to focus on the work they're supposed to be doing.

I know I do each time I slap on the HP2's.
biggrin.gif

Ha, true.

And they each might be enticed to pocket a few extra sets of wooden housings, drivers, pivots, headbands, metal rings, grills, cables, rods and the plastic rod housings with them...

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #97 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike6502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The interior pics of Grado Labs only reinforce my appreciation of the company. I like knowing that I am supporting a small family-run operation. I really don't see any evidence of the workshop being messy - cramped perhaps, but that's because it's in a small row house in Brooklyn! Honestly, I wouldn't give a damn if the place were a pigsty, as long as the phones work and sound great. It's good to know that small businesses like this can still compete and achieve international acclaim.

Amen to that. I don't expect a small company that makes products by hand to look like some futuristic clean-room environment. In any case, I think it's great to see a family-owned company that can A) build great-sounding headphones by hand, B) sell them at reasonable prices (even if that could be arguable with the higher-up models), and C) iGrado excepted, not outsource its production.

Yes, the basic Grado design is a bit Spartan and utilitarian, but to me that's part of its charm. I'll trade style for sound any day. If the only thing that matters to you is bling, go get a set of Skullcandies or Beats.

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #99 of 116
I find it strange that people are saying that they have lost respect for the GRADO name, and that they cannot see/hear their headphones the same way anymore.

Seeing this makes me want GRADO headphones more then before. I would feel like someone worked hard at making the headphones, and making them to a very high standard that would come with low quantities, and close quality inspection.

When you guys buy something that was made by someone on the forum do you like it less because they made it in there living room instead of in a large factory?

I do not understand your reasoning...

On another note, how could those speakers made of headphone drivers sound any good? When headphones are played loudly they sound very tinny.

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #100 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a headset.. A headset..

Sony Ericsson headset! /facepalm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...thanks

/facepalm

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #103 of 116
afaik the grado meistertower is actually build with RS1's, expensive trick.

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #104 of 116
That changes things. I would still like to hear what a few sr60 drivers would sound like with a reasonable woofer all hooked up. I can't imagine those drivers sound good at any high volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back