A Little Help
Aug 11, 2011 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

audiophile8706

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could get a little help on making a purchase decision. I am currently looking for a good set of headphones to replace a pair of Senn HD202s that my bunny thought would make a good snack. :p

That being said, I am l looking for a nice *comfortable* pair of cans that look good but still sound good. My budget is about a hundred bucks and my current contenders are he Sony MDR-V6s, Sony MDR-7506, Senn HD280, and the Shure SRH440. Of the four what are your ideas? Any other suggestions? Don't have a lot of money to experiment so I want to make a good purchase right off :p

What I'm really leaning towards right now is getting the Shure's along with following the suggestion of getting the earpads for the 840s.

But yeah, thanks for any input!

Aug 12, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 3
Heya,

About $100. Well, for $30 more, you get to enter a whole new world of headphones. I suggest you save up a few more pennies and make your budget around $130 so that this investment returns something excellent and not just... a pair of headphones that work.

We need a lot more info from you:

1. What do you listen to mostly?
2. Preference to open/closed back.
3. Portability or not.
4. Bass important, need it heavy, or are you a neutral kind of person?
5. I assume no amplifier is involved, so you need lower impedance, right?
6. What is your source?

Because basically, I'm going to say save up and get the Shure 840's or the Ultrasone HFI 580's until we know more about what you want to hear from your headphones.

Very best,

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 3
try to a used pair of used HD598, in case ur bunny is hungry again, wait ,did you say you have  a bunny? it eats headphone? what a horrible animal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back