A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra
Aug 6, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #33 of 277
Got the Lyra today from a local distro. Was really great paired up with my ak jr. Warm sounding with really nice deep and thumping base. Was auditioning all the earphones of that range and se846 has better clarity and seperation. The shires does feel alittle thin if you do a direct ab through the same source but it's probably more of a personal preference. The Lyra does also give a nicer lows to me. Feels deeper.

One thing, Lyra is actually quite affected by the cable. Silver/silver coated ones will decrease the warmth increase clarity and also makes the bass feels faster. Pure copper ones retains its original character but improves on the clarity. I tested a few and beat audio supranova feels the best to me.

Aug 7, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #34 of 277
i am looking at this IEM closely.  I prefer dynamics over BA types because I like volume.   My experience with BA phones is that they tend to distort when you drive them hard.  They have a smaller window.where they sound good when it comes to volume.  Since these are supposed to be dynamic drivers, do they handle volume well?  Or do they distort?   Sound good loud?  Thanks.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #35 of 277
I didn't notice any distortion at higher volume. I do feel they can be quite unforgiving to badly mastered tracks though

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #37 of 277
After burning in for 100 + hours, I felt that it tightened the bass further and also smoothed out the highs. Much more pleasant to listen to :D

Aug 9, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #38 of 277
I'm never too convinced about using iems on balanced output from AK sources but the Lyra is one of the few iems that I found to perform superbly from my balanced AK120ii such that it very much exceeds its single end performance .

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #40 of 277
Wondering if the Lyra is now widely available on States side or in Europe? Bit quiet across the www and on head-fi about these babes...........they are certainly at least on the same level with the much loved JVC FX850/1100/1200 family (though the Lyra being a fair bit more expensive) - these together with the Lyra are all the very best dynamic iems out there. The Lyra is actually a bit more balanced than the JVC woodies........less bass oomph in return for very nice bass resolution, and less V/U shape than the JVC to give vocals more breathing space.

Aug 12, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #41 of 277
I have the C6IEM now and am interested to see how these compare. I will be thinking of adding them come this fall. Depending on the quality of sound they offer, I may look into the Jupiter as well. I had been considering the Angie but been a little turned off with some of the QC issues they have been having...I know it's early, but love to see some comparisons with similar IEMs in the Lyra's range.

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #42 of 277
I pretty much audition all the high end universals I could get my hand on. The Lyra has one of the nicest bass and mids. It does lack the treble sparkle but I like how the sound feels full, smooth with impact. Tips and cables make alot of difference though. 

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #43 of 277
Recently I got my hands on a ZX2. The bass is a whole new level. More punch and tightening while still retaining the clarity compared to the AK Jr

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #45 of 277
True enough. But the improvement is alot more noticeable then say using a AK120ii. I also tried with the Ak240. AK240 gives a slightly bigger stage and a touch more clarity. But the ZX2 to me improved on the strengths of Lyra which is the lows by making them tighter and even more impactful.

Though surprisingly in the end, I think cables makes the most difference for the Lyra. All the high end daps just shift the sound or do minor improvement, cables i feel depending on your taste can really tweak the sound significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back