A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra
Nov 25, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #271 of 277
Just came across this thread when looking for the another Campfire discussion - just in case anyone is interested in what the "new" Lyra II sounds like, have just popped my impressions up in the Head Gear section - there is also another review up already from ExpatInJapan. Never heard the originals, but if they were anything like the new versions, I can see why you guys liked them so much! :wink:

Also, I believe the Lyra II are now on Massdrop at $499 (if the drop is still open).

Cheers!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-lyra-ii/reviews/17402

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #272 of 277
  Just came across this thread when looking for the another Campfire discussion - just in case anyone is interested in what the "new" Lyra II sounds like, have just popped my impressions up in the Head Gear section - there is also another review up already from ExpatInJapan. Never heard the originals, but if they were anything like the new versions, I can see why you guys liked them so much! :wink:

Also, I believe the Lyra II are now on Massdrop at $499 (if the drop is still open).

Cheers!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-lyra-ii/reviews/17402

Saw the Lyra II on Massdrop. Can't say I'm not tempted. I'm curious if you'd say these are in the same sound signature family as Nighthawks.

Let the temptation begin...

wink_face.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #273 of 277
Saw the Lyra II on Massdrop. Can't say I'm not tempted. I'm curious if you'd say these are in the same sound signature family as Nighthawks.

Let the temptation begin...

:wink_face:

Another thread we meet in! :wink: Lyra II are definitely in the same ballpark tuning-wise as the NH - never heard the originals but I'm impressed with these.

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #274 of 277
Another thread we meet in!
wink.gif
Lyra II are definitely in the same ballpark tuning-wise as the NH - never heard the originals but I'm impressed with these.

Doh, I knew I shouldn't have asked!

I've head the originals and really like them. Ken's a really cool cat and let me drop by for a listen before they were released, along with Orion and Jupiter. Once I've heard Vega, the only CA IEM I've got left to hear will be Lyra II and Dorado.

At the time I heard the original Lyra, I thought Jupiter + Lyra would be a killer TOTL combo. Lyra for that smooth, single malt sound. Jupiter for a more energetic listen. Now I'd probably replace Lyra with one of the new CA dynamics and Jupiter with Andromeda. CA TOTL bang for buck is just tremendous vs. some of those other guys. Proud to have them in my hometown!

I'll be trying Vega next week courtesy of a headfi buddy. I'm hoping it doesn't tempt me too much. My wife is understanding, but perhaps not that understanding. Think of the children, Nikolaus. Think of the children...

Dec 14, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #275 of 277
Just got a pair:) would have to say the best compliment i can give them is they sound massive. It sounds like music. You actually stop giving a **** about the technicalities, and listen to music. Its the IEM for people who dont like IEMS..

Oct 23, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #276 of 277
Dec 26, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #277 of 277
I see people haven't posted here in a while, so here's a quick question for all you Lyra owners. I notice when I am pushing them into my ear that I seem to get some crinkle sounds, not unlike the sounds you might get with a well-sealed planar headphone. Anyone else have this experience?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back