A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra
Oct 15, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #91 of 277
Well the word "harsh" may have been the wrong emphasis, I really don't know what word to describe it, it was the first thing that came to my mind when I compared it

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #95 of 277
Oct 20, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #96 of 277
BTW, go change Calel to Caleb
wink_face.gif

Done, thanks. Didn't notice the typo

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #100 of 277
Oct 26, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #101 of 277
Anyone got a clue on how well the Orion sound? I might consider pulling the trigger since I really wanted to be a camper to this campfire. :D

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #102 of 277
Anyone got a clue on how well the Orion sound? I might consider pulling the trigger since I really wanted to be a camper to this campfire. :D

Tried a pre-production Orion at ALO HQ a while back. It's a flat / reference sound sig with just a bit of sparkle added up top. After I was done listening, Ken hooked it up to his measurement rig so I could see the FR. Super nice guy.

I'll be honest. It wasn't my cup of tea. I much preferred Lyra and Jupiter. Those two are quite complementary and built like tanks!

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #103 of 277
Tried a pre-production Orion at ALO HQ a while back. It's a flat / reference sound sig with just a bit of sparkle added up top. After I was done listening, Ken hooked it up to his measurement rig so I could see the FR. Super nice guy.

I'll be honest. It wasn't my cup of tea. I much preferred Lyra and Jupiter. Those two are quite complementary and built like tanks!

Thanks for answering. I was just checking since I m a bit of a metal head and I love engaging myself in musical fun.

So which one might suit me based from what you auditioned? :)

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #105 of 277
What kind of metal?

Live concerts preferrably, heavy metal with lots of solos. Like drums and guitar with bass solos even.

Power metal too.

Rhapsody, Slipknot, and of course. METALLICA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back